Does anyone know the exact-or appoximate-number of hubbers there are?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (44 posts)
  1. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 12 years ago

Used to be around 90,000 of us, how about now?

1. SunSeven profile image63
      SunSevenposted 12 years agoin reply to this
      1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even so, with some of us having multiple accounts, that really doesn't tell us how may hubbers there are, only how many accounts.

There might only be 5 of us, for all I know!

1. CMHypno profile image83
          CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That means you can write very fast lol! smile

1. Lisa HW profile image61
            Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc131/925934999/typist.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/LadyFire/Smileys/comptypist_clr.gif
            (I think, maybe, this one could be IzzyM, covering her 190,324 accounts' worth of Hubs and forum posts.)

Here' one I don't recognize...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh197/jesusangelespinoza/mz_4481684_bodyshot_300x400-1.gif

Do we know this guy, and how many he covers??

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/ljmort/Animated/4054158-2.gif http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac302/nealix_2010/Avatars/animated-avatars0006.gif

Ok.  That's everyone responsible for all the Hubs.

How long until your fingers drop off?

2. Lisa HW profile image61

Oh, I'm not in the four or five who write all the Hubs.  (I think the guy in the Batman suit writes mine).   smile

3. Isabel Melville profile image83
              Isabel Melvilleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is brilliant! I think the guy on the floor is Ryan Kett but I'm not sure who the bottom two guys are (well one is batman obviously!)LOL

Does Greek One like dressing up as Batman?

I think it could be Wrylilt.  She has been known to be seen dressing up like a chicken (in the "what does your writing location look like" thread), why stop at dressing up like a chicken..    Of course, PC Unix has been known to wear a wig; and a Arlene P has shown signs of having the inclination to dress up (Easter bunny or Playboy Bunny - I'm not sure) as well.  Who knows who any of these suspicious, dressing-up, characters may be...   (Hmm.  By the way, has anyone seen Greek One with his wig and sunglasses in the same room as CMHypno???  I didn't think so.)  I think the person in the top picture could be the one behind the Hubs of Wilderness The baby disguise - not one of his most convincing; but hey, he writes thousands of Hubs a week.  Some disguises are going to be more convincing than others.)

1. wilderness profile image95
                    wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey!  Just because I don't look my age is no reason to be disparaging.  You're just jealous! smile

2. Greek One profile image64
                  Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes.. yes I do...

http://timthethief.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/funny-pictures-humor-fat-batman-costume.png

..and I suppose there are YET more disguises in those bags.  We'll know when the HP numbers jump to 240,000 by Monday.  Are you also Mighty Mom, by any chance?

2. lorlie6 profile image73
        lorlie6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sun Seven, are you kidding? 
        "Total Users: 2,145,420"

Of course you're not kidding!  I am flabbergasted!
        Thanks for the link...
        See ya!
        Laurel

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
          Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A lot of people sign up because they think they need to to comment on a hub-- they may never darken the hub doorway again. Another bunch signs up with intentions of  writing, then forget,change their minds, or keep putting it off.
          I have a friend, whom I convinced to come on board, who was having a terrible time trying to sign up. The staff helped her discover that she had signed up three years ago (to leave a comment) and forgot.
          The number of active hubbers would be way lower.

Ahh, that makes sense, Rochelle.

2. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, sheeit.  Oh well...

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 12 years ago

According to HubPages there are 221,682 published users. however as was previously pointed out some have multiple accounts, and I'm thinking since it says published users it's not counting people who have accounts and are not published. You only have to count me once, I don't have multiple accounts.

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

The stats are not very good all the same - out of 1 and a quarter million hubs, only 10,000 get 1000 views or more per month.

That's less than 1% of all published hubs that enjoy even limited success.

Maybe the apprenticeship program is long overdue!

As is getting rid of some of the really poor standard hubs on here.

2. wilderness profile image95

If 1000 views per hub per month is your idea of "limited success" I've got to spend some time picking your brain! smile

1. WriteAngled profile image75
        WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, on that criterion, I do not even have limited success...

Me neither.  I'd be really happy if I averaged just 1/2 of that figure!

Is Izzy just bragging or do we all need to mug her one dark night and steal the secret somehow?

1. IzzyM profile image86

Hey come on guys - 1000 a month is around 30 views a day. That is limited success, perhaps just 'showing potential'.
            Moderately successful hubs, and yes I have had had them, show at least 100 views a day (3000 a month), but successful hubs, to mind, get at least 1000 views a day. At the very least, many get an 's' at the end, and yes I have had them too, before Google struck of course!

(hangs head) I guess I'll never be successful.  I used to have a few getting that 100+ per day but the Feb. Panda update took that away and I hardly ever see that nice round number anymore.

30 a day I see, and on more than 1% of the hubs, but not even 50% of them.  Not even limited success then.  You've made me cry.

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
                Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep, mine was demolished last Aug. 10th, but I still get the 100+ views a day occasionally on some hubs.  Here's hoping the traffic will return soon.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

2. lorlie6 profile image73

Hey wilderness, you know there's no crying in...writing, right? lol (Apologies to A League of Their Own...)
                In my almost 3 years here, I have only 1,2, or maybe 3 hubs that get steady viewing.  By steady, I mean I get around 30+ vpd.  Sometimes.  Most of my traffic is from HP, of course, but next is Google-US, 2nd is Google-UK.  Then StumbleUpon.  Go figure.  I think I'm doing pretty well, though!
                I have no idea who this 'Panda' is/was, but he sounds like quite the bear! HAHA, I know a panda's not really a bear, but I couldn't help myself...sorry!

Anyhoo, don't stress on success,
                love what you do.
                Laurel
                =^o^=

3. IzzyM profile image86

Only a small percentage of mine have even limited success, but the point is that some individual hubs do very well.

Less than 1% of the hubs on this site get what I am calling 'limited success'. Only 1% of my own hubs on this account get that too, but then again I am sandboxed.

It is not necessary to have loads of hubs published to enjoy success.

I have another subdomain with only 12 hubs, 20% of which are enjoying limited success already, and it is a new account.

If you have learned how to write hubs well, start a new subdomain and apply the techniques you have learned on your main account. It works - at least temporarily.

Maybe one day when the new account gets hit by Google, your original account will spring back, who knows?

4. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 12 years ago

The number of published users compared to the number of users is unreal.

5. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

for those that are interested, the top hub yesterday had 9,054 views according to analytics.  Last week there was a hub that went viral on fb that was getting over 60,000 views a day.  Hits happen:)

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

geez, it would be interesting to know the topics. crazy numbers!

2. prairieprincess profile image91
      prairieprincessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow! If you let us know which one it was, we'll hit it, too! smile

6. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 12 years ago

which one was that? I missed it and would like to read it - haha thats cool

How To Make Millions Of Dollars On FaceBook     tongue

Oh yeah, Randy, I read that about FB and it worked!
        I'll split it with you if you be nice...lol

Naw, you can keep it Lorlie.  I've already read it and made my millions! smile

Gee thanks...

2. starme77 profile image77
        starme77posted 12 years agoin reply to this

cant find it ? did u guys hide it and keep it all for yourself?

7. arthursales91 profile image57
    arthursales91posted 12 years ago

google it, or maybe you can talk to the owner? or press help at the very bottom of this site

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

http://www.caninekidconnection.com/img/dogs/dog_computer_500.jpg
    Sooner or later HP is going to find me out.

9. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

It is determinable by this mathematical equation;

Start with z = 1/2 * 400 * 3.14159
    Add b = 44
    Subtract the heat differential on a zero gravity void string with a weight of 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 grams, we will call this @

Therefore we do z + b - @ = total hubbers on HubPages smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)