UGH what is wrong with me?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (116 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I have the urge to write hubs but then that urge disappears and I don't feel like writing hubs though I know I should...

Is there something wrong with me? lmao

1. Bredavies profile image61
      Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope not..cause I do that all the time. haha smile

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Something that's wrong with everyone once in a while : lazyness big_smile

3. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so. You can't always be in the mood for Hubbing and its always nice to have time-out. You'll find when you go back to it, you'll flow...

4. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You kidding me? seen my stats, at all? big_smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I have but I LOVE to write and yet I can't..something is wrong with me dammit! lol

1. profile image0
          fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey...chill...One thing is, I never force myself to write, if I'm not in the mood, I'm not in it, its that simple...you dont wanna doing anything below quality...do you?

1. profile image0

But that is the thing I am in the mood to write and yet I can't sad

5. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had a doctor tell me that I should exercise regularly when I was young. He said, "And don't lie down till the feeling goes away—like I do."

I have composer friends who write an annual Christmas song. I don't. I write when the urge strikes, usually several at a time in summer or some other nonrelevant time of year, stock pile the one of the new suckers and give them away with that year's Christmas cards. Everyone only THINKS I write a new song every year.

Apparently I have the same plan here at hp. And my score is slipping....
      [sigh...]

Just don't lie down till the feeling goes away.

6. profile image0
      annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I say that if you wait to write hubs and you are lazy about writing them, then that means your next hub will be a really good money maker...(cough,cough).  Also, that you will land a really good job when someone important sees your wonderful new hub...(eyes shifting back and forth). 

Good luck I know you will write a good one if you are lazy about it now....(lMao now)

1. profile image0

lol thanks annvans I hope you're right

1. profile image0

Yeah, I am right...(cough, cough)

7. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I often get the urge, but its at the wrong time - meaning I don't have time to write at that time.  So instead, I leave MS Word up & when an idea comes to mind I simply type it in along with my thoughts, so the idea doesn't leave as fast as it came big_smile  Then I can go back to it and finish what I've started.

1. profile image0

Very cool I do that too I actually have a couple journals for that type of thing that when I get an idea I grab it and write it down so I don't forget it smile I hate forgetting my ideas.

8. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If there's something wrong with you then something's wrong with me too! I haven't written any hub since the weekend and I've started like three hubs but I only got to the first line and then poof! the urge to write is gone sad.

*sigh* I'd better go back to my day job and start crunching numbers sad.

9. irenev17 profile image61
      irenev17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you need a MUSE

1. profile image0

Know where I can get one? lol

10. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope, all of us have been through it. smile

2. profile image0

at least I'm not the only one suffering from this phew makes me feel better lmao

3. profile image0
    rednckwmnposted 14 years ago

maybe you have hubinitius?

4. profile image0

oh great I hope not lol

5. PhilD41 profile image65
    PhilD41posted 14 years ago

Same thing happens here.  I have tons of ideas and not much time.  Recently when I do have a few minutes the last thing I feel like doing is typing.  Hopefully there is a cure nearby!

6. profile image0

but...but Phil! I have all the time in the world since i am unemployed and yet I still don't feel like writing hubs... ;(

and lol Tantrum does that mean I'm always lazy? you better not say yes to that lmao

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nooooo!!! lol

1. profile image0

*thhhpppppppp* lol

7. Bredavies profile image61
    Bredaviesposted 14 years ago

Well I wish it wouldn't happen. I want to write my third hub for the 30 Day Hub Challenge

1. profile image0

I think that is why I'm staying away from the 30 day hub challenge lol I wouldn't make it

1. viryabo profile image94
        viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You may be pleasantly surprised that you can make it.
        When i joined the challenge, I didnt have a clue as to how to turn out 30 hubs in 30 days. Didnt know what i was going to write about.
        I made sure i wasnt thinking straight when i said YES to the challenge.
        I ended up doing 35 hubs in 30 days. And i was shocked that i could see it through.
        If i could do it, then anyone can! smile

8. profile image0

But Lady_E I have not been in the flow for some time...others have tons of hubs and I only have...26 I feel like I should have more but I don't becaue I get on here and don't feel like writing a hub. It's sad...

1. Anti-Valentine profile image75
      Anti-Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

26 Hubs in 5 weeks isn't bad at all IMO. Or is it less than 5 weeks, since HP rounds it off?

1. profile image0

I don't know...I seriously don't rememebr the day I signed up lmao

2. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If 26 hubs In 5 weeks makes you lazy , then I am a complete slug It has taken me over a year to do 50 . And I am not sure how many of them are actually good ! But I do this for fun and every now and again because I have what I feel Is something Important to say . Just enjoy the process I say ! smile

9. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

5 Weeks and 25 hubs! You are doing great.

10. profile image0

But I feel like I should have written more because of my love to write...I guess it's because I prefer fiction over non fiction.

11. Anti-Valentine profile image75
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

I like a bit of both, but nowadays I write more non-fiction, whereas last year I worked a lot on fiction. I wish I could do both, but I can only really focus on one article or post at a time.

I find I can churn out blog posts every day, hubs come every now and again, and fiction is quite infrequent lately.

I get a lot of ideas, which I keep for later, but it's something else to actually get them typed out.

12. profile image0

I do have ideas that I want to write hubs on like bats and the big cats and wild dogs but...I just can't find the drive or urge to write them right now sad

You're an animal lover, then?

1. profile image0

yep 100% animal lover...even for snakes, trantulas, scorpoions..only ones I don't like are ants, centipedes, mosquitos, and cockraoches.

I'm not fond of snakes myself, or spiders, or scorpions. I can agree with you on not liking ants, centipedes, mosquitoes, and cockroaches, though.

1. profile image0

When I get the urge I'll have to write a hub about snakes too...hubby said in the future he promises to buy us an baby albino cornsake. they are soooo cute

If you say so... wink

2. jabyrd82 profile image60
      jabyrd82posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats okay but if ya do think of some ideas just scratch it on paper! youll feel like writing again soon!! sometimes you have to take a break!!!

1. profile image0

Very true jabyrd but it feels like i've been taking a break for too long sad

13. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

A couple of years ago I was getting over a "flu thing" and also didn't have a lot of work.  That's when I signed up at a different writing site; and because I didn't have the energy to do much of anything but write, I came up with - like - 150 articles in a month (or something like that).  That was then.  This is now.   lol

These days, "HubPages-kind-of-writing" is "hobby writing" and "extra-time" writing for me.  I just let "whatever incubates" incubate, and eventually the incubating process is done, I'll "put my brain on print", and I'll have a Hub.  If I'm too busy or too tired to "print" what I've incubated it's still there when it's a better time.  I can't turn writing on here into a "second job", complete with structure and self-discipline; because that would just be too much on top of "the rest of life".  I'd like to be more productive, but that isn't going to happen.  lol   I'll often come on the forums just to see if I get the urge to write or ideas (actually, yesterday that happened) being here; but I have to pretty much "go where the wind takes me" when it comes to writing my own stuff.   Writing other people's stuff doesn't require "inspiration", but I don't want to write about stuff that doesn't interest me for "fun".   smile  (Actually, I don't really want to write for other people for money either.  lol  )

1. profile image0

I wish I could do that..come on the forums and get inspired to write but nope nothing. and yea I'm doing this just because I thought it would be cool to get paid for writing since I'm not an author yet...but I have only made $1 so far..really frustrating.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

THAT might be your problem.  You're running out steam because you're getting frustrated.  If there's one thing about a lot of online writing that people need to make peace with, it's that it takes time.  That's why I kind of treat it the way I do.  I add something when I can, and just kind of know that at some point it may pay off.  I think it's important (even when we write with the idea of earning) to set aside thoughts of earning and just write the way we'd write "because we just feel like it".  It may not continue this way (I'm always aware of that), but I've been getting monthly deposits from Hubs for over a year now.  It took a few months before I saw more than penny-candy earnings, and it took eight before those added up to make a payment.  After that, there was a monthly payment.

If it's money you want/need you'd probably be wise not to put all writing eggs in the Hub basket; but at the same time, if you can hang in long enough you'll most likely be very glad you did.

14. profile image0

You'll have to look online for some pics they are very cute hehe

15. Anti-Valentine profile image75

Oh come on. There's nothing wrong with you. You could write a hub about this, writer's block, procrastination, whatever you want to call it, if you wanted to, but you better get to it before someone else does!

And yes, I know writer's block and procrastination aren't necessarily the same thing- to hubbers who would want to jump in here.

1. profile image0

lmao yes in a way they are one in the same anti...they are one in the same whether belieive it or not. Hell they work together...procrastination walks in and makes your procrastinate until WRiter's Block takes over LMAO

Yeah, I was just fending off any attacks from trolls. Don't worry- I do that sometimes.

16. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Nothing is wrong with you, 26 hubs in weeks must be above average wink

1. profile image0

You really think so ryan or are you just being nice to me 'cause you like me as a friend? lmao

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep.... Its definitely above average. I would say that most hubbers do about 2 per week....

1. Lisa HW profile image62

Good points.  Sometimes people can "written out".  That's a big one for me.  Sometimes I'll write on thing after another for quite a period of time.  Then, all of a sudden, I'll get to where I think, "I cannot possibly write one more sentence.  There's nothing left."  When that kind of thing happens you just have to forget about trying to write for a little while, and over time things start "incubating" again (or whatever anyone else's process is).

17. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I get like that. Today I just couldn't think. I hung curtains instead.

They look awesome. smile

1. profile image0

I wanna hang curtains but I live in a damn apartment sad

18. Anti-Valentine profile image75

I started off at about the same rate last year. I published a few hubs every week. Now since I have other things going on, I don't publish nearly as much, but I intend to change that. I have a number of hubs I've been working on.

And you know that hub I had trouble with, I published that one today, finally!

I could sell you some if you wanted to buy, Crazdwriter. wink

Just playing.

19. profile image0

I say bring the trolls. I will fend them off my page lol

20. profile image0

Very true Lisa but I do want some money...but I want to write smile and yes geting frustrated is NOT helping lol

21. ledefensetech profile image68
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

I get that way from time to time.  One thing that has helped me is using something like Dragon Naturally Speaking.  You have to be careful, because sometimes some very strange things are translated.  It's like a disturbing peek into an opiate smoker's nightmare, at times.  Still I think once you train it well enough, you'll find that you can work much quicker than you would if you typed.  You may spend more time editing, though, so keep that in mind as well.

1. profile image0

Dragon Naturally Speaking? I've never heard of this before...tell me more

1. ledefensetech profile image68
        ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really?  It's a voice recognition program that a lot of people use instead of typing. It's been used pretty successfully with people who are disabled and can't type, like quadriplegics. It's a computer though, so you really have to train it. It does get better, as you use it, but from time to time it can do some really strange things. So you really have to proofread what you dictate, otherwise people think you're crazy. I found it's much easier to "write as you speak" when I use voice recognition programs as opposed to typing.

I will warn you that the program has certain idiosyncrasies, and that will drive you nuts. But I find that the pros outweigh the cons when using this sort of software.

1. profile image0

aaaaa I have heard of this software just never knew the name of it. cool But yea I would rather type than speak it out...it'll be weird talking to the computer lol

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
          Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmmm, sounds fascinating, but more like some of them music programs I work with. You can play in your music, and see it on the screen only to realize you get to spend the rest of your natural life editing to a publishable form. However, as you say, you can train the program, so to speak, and it can get a bit better with practice.

But as for writing, I just start pouring out thoughts and then organizing them. I'm not that good of a writer to just write and have it fall into publishable form. I guess that applies to composing too! LOL

It's great isn't it?  People like to talk about technology changing things, but they never seem to understand the implications of it.  As for editing, I try to do as little as possible, if I fall into that trap, I'll never finish editing.  All I really look for are typos and missteps along the way.

1. profile image0

I need to hire myself an editor! lmao hope they don't get mad at my lack of proofreading hehe

22. profile image0

But but I WANT to write...i have the urge to write but I still can't lol

in that case, just sit down and start writing. It doesn't really matter what, what matters is that you actually physically sit down and start writing. You could do a little bit of brainstorming or free association, just don't try to force it. Before too long, I think you'll find that you're actually writing something useful or something that you've wanted to write for a while. Even if you don't maybe those guys down in your subconscious aren't ready to write yet and you'll just have to wait until they are.

1. profile image0

True but I don't know if I want to write a hub or work on one of my stories....there is another problem sad stupid imagination, stupid brain, stupid want to write but can't lol

So don't decide. Start with a blank sheet of paper and just start writing away. Sooner or later you're going to start writing along the lines of whatever it is you want to write about. It could be one of your stories, it could be a hub, it could be something totally unrelated. That's not important. What's important is sitting down doing the work. If you look at it from that perspective and maybe a little bit easier to get started.

1. profile image0

Oh Ledefensetech I love ya dude. Thanks I will try to write just something anything...lmao maybe I'll just rwrite a hub full of fun random sentences lol

It's a start, good luck.

2. Lisa HW profile image62

This is going to sound awful, but sometimes I get sudden inspiration when I'm rating articles on Helium and run into one that seems, at least to me, to offer ideas that are so "nuts" I'm suddenly inspired to write my own article.  (I may not write that article on Helium, but the inspiration remains, regardless of where I write it.)

Have you tried to going to some writing sites where everyone can write, look for subjects that kind of interest you; and see if you can find something that bugs you or makes you out-and-out angry enough to write?  Or, with a more postive approach, have you gone through your own life, house, interests; and thought about things that have meant the most to you for one reason or another?  Sometimes that kind of thing can get some ideas going.  What about things going on in the world that drive you nuts, make you angry, or inspire you?  Essentially, scan your brain, the room you're in, your home, your neighborhood, the rest of the world and writing sites for things that strike you one way or another.  Keep scanning until you hit something.

23. profile image0

thanks but first things first...I need water hehehe

24. profile image0

I do sometimes take ideas from others but I don't like to do that too much because then I am feel like I am stealing from them. Though yes I do write ideas that have been written before but still. I want to make up my own ideas for writing things.

25. Paradise7 profile image68
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

You know what, crazed writer?  Tell us a story, make it up.  You don't have to stick with the facts, we'll let you tell us a story.  Tell us a story with a moral to it, maybe...about an inveterate procrastinator who was three hours late for her wedding and found everybody gone..

Or tell us a story about a transformation.  Your keyboard suddenly turned into a ...... (fill in the blank) so you couldn't write hubs for days and days, because the ..... was hungry and might eat you!

Or maybe your keyboard IS hungry and you just need to feed it some words to make it your friend again...

You can let yourself rip and be silly and share it and we'll all still love you.

Seriously, nobody's judging you, you don't need to beat on yourself.  You're good, you're golden.

1. profile image0

LMAO thanks Paradise I did do one story as a hub already and i am glad i got that one done. and I just might take you up on the one about the keyboard transforming into something else. LMAO that would be a fun one to write.

Have a joke going on with a hubber Beth about her moving boxes being alive and chasing her around the house and stuff so I think she would appreciate something like that lmao

26. profile image0

Well I am actually going to try and write so that means I'm turning off the net. So ttyl peeps.

27. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

With all my shifting of the eyes and coughing, I would say you had better get it busy writing.  lol

1. profile image0

LOL okay okay I'm going I'm going jeez LMAO

1. profile image0

no, not you, lol.  I meant crazdwriter.  Sorry.

1. profile image0

I am Crazdwriter who answered you lol

1. profile image0

Lmao, I am so dumb sometimes.  Geez. Guess if I was minding my own business, all this wouldn't have happened.

Well, you shouldn't have changed your picture and confused me...its your fault! lol

28. profile image0

Ok, I guess I better write a hub too...(yeah right)

29. profile image0

Okay I tried to write and got a little writing done...on a letter. Not for a story or hub like I wanted...maybe later on or tomorrow I'll get one out of me

30. profile image0

It's not my fault lol

and still nothing of course it is 6:37am and I am up because my husband had to get up...

1. emievil profile image68

LOL. I'm writing one now. Maybe you'll get your inspiration during the weekend. smile

1. profile image0

But I'll be down in Poway for the weekend I won't be able to write a hub lol

1. emievil profile image68

Er, now I don't know what to say. LOL. smile

31. profile image0

It's all good I'll write...eventually

32. profile image0

Ummm, whats crazdwriter doing in the forums instead of writing?  lol.

I wish I could write a hub, but I cannot get enough time in one shot to sit down and think.  All I can do is get in the forums and make a fool of myself on and off.

1. profile image0

*thhhpppp* lol I can be in here if I want to lmao Okay okay I'll try and write AFTER I get home fom shopping

1. profile image0

Yeah, I will write five hubs tonight.  lmao

33. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

lol  Def not something wrong with you...I end up in the forums and never write!!! big_smile

1. profile image0

phew okay good then I'll just follow your example lol

1. Beth100 profile image69
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

BTW, who's "it" today???  lol

34. profile image0

Okay you write 5 and I'll write 1 when I get home lmao

1. profile image0

Write one about people taking showers!  Thats a good un.

1. profile image0

LMAO I should shouldn't I...the PROPER way of taking a shower. Ignore what they tell you in the military lmao

1. profile image0

LMAO

2. Anti-Valentine profile image75

What, don't pick up the soap?

1. manlypoetryman profile image83
            manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah,AV...Ew!

http://imgslide.health.com/images/slides/10638/full/soap-bar-suds-400.jpg

35. profile image0

LMAO Anti ew!

Well, that is what they tell you in the military. My dad served in the navy and my brothers were in the army.

That's how I know. smile

Makes me feel kinda' sorry for the first person who found that out the...uuuhh....h-a-r-d way! lol  Well...what other word could I use but "hard"...juz' tell me which one...and I'da uz'd it! hmm

1. profile image0

you could have said first person who found out the not so easy way lmao

Oh...now you tell me! neutral

36. profile image0

MPM you are funny

37. manlypoetryman profile image83
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

ya'll make me laugh...! I just can't help but join in the fun!

38. profile image0

I try my hardest to make people laugh hehehe

39. profile image0

lol Anti ah well still ew lol

I could have been much more graphic than that. big_smile

40. profile image0

No thank you Anti...my imagination needs no help lmao

41. profile image0

hehehe MPM sorry but you can't blame me lmao why does everyone want to blame me? lol raedytoescape blames me for making him drink...somoene else blamed me for something the other day can't remember...lmao

http://www.commodore.ca/misc/jokes/blame.jpg

42. profile image0

*thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhpppppppppppppp* lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)