Dogs or cats?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (51 posts)
  1. marshall92 profile image67
    marshall92posted 14 years ago

I recently made a hub about dogs and cats to find out which animal is more popular among hubbers. Unfortunately, only 3 people have voted in my poll leaving dogs with 67% of votes and cats with 33%. Hopefully I can get a better response in the forums. So, which animal do you like better, cats or dogs?

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You just got 4 votes on your hub. I voted there. :-)
      And, for the record, dogs for me. Cats think they own you. LOL

marshall92posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha, good point. Though cats do seem pretty nice too. I personally have 2 golden retrievers, so I have to go with dogs.

2. Kadmiels profile image51
      Kadmielsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i wonder what the physcological aspects are in a person  on weather or not they prefer dogs over cats.. do you think there is an obvious sign on one or the other

I'm not sure. Obviously if there are allergies, one often tends to prefer the animal he/she is not allergic to. However, if allergies are not a factor then I don't know if there is an obvious sign. I will do some research on that now and update you w/ the results.

3. dahoglund profile image70
      dahoglundposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dogs

4. Kadmiels profile image51

cats rule and dogs drool smile

1. Kadmiels profile image51

but wolves don;t count as dogs  smile

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i don't have a dog, but i prefer dogs over cats, definitely.

3. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Yup, you know have 5 votes for dogs....  Dogs are for me too!  smile

4. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'll take either, not fussy. Both are great, IMO smile

5. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

Dogs.  I'm allergic to kitties.

My Vivi, lying on the floor looking up at me sitting on the couch:

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs135.snc1/5773_146398465999_505470999_4018197_533310_n.jpg

Nice picture smile.

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I am a cat AND dog person...shoot if I could get one now I would get another guinea pig, a hamster, a rat, a snake, a bearded dragon...

7. livewithrichard profile image71
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Dogs... I'm not alergic to cats but I tell everyone I am... my secret don't tell anyone... I just do not like cats, I had a bad experience with them when I was a kid.

8. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

I've always had dogs, but after the last one, a cat came along and decided to stay. I haven't gotten another dog yet.

A dog is the better companion, but a cat is lower maintenance, for me anyway.

Yeah, I touched on that in my hub. When people buy cats, they usually buy more than one due to "lower maintenance."

9. sarovai profile image75
    sarovaiposted 14 years ago

No Miau. Only guarding.

10. marshall92 profile image67

It's funny, now 6 people have voted at my hub, and the results are still exactly the same: 67% dogs, 33% cats. Maybe those numbers are accurate after all.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you have a button for both because if not I ain't voting.

If I make one will it erase the current results?

1. Anti-Valentine profile image74
          Anti-Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think so. Not sure. I think if you modify a poll then the results are deleted. You'd have to get everyone to vote again.

2. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd have trouble voting too.  Although I don't happen to have a dog right now, I do like both cats and dogs.  Contrary to what some people say, if you have a cat long enough they start to act like dogs (or people) anyway.

11. profile image0

No idea it might

12. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

I like all of God's Creatures...Big and small. That being said: Dog's rule! (Horses are second in my book...but they are too messy to keep inside the house!)

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

13. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://worldwidewhiskers.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/cat-riding-dog.jpg

Both, plus mice.

This scene happens daily in Bisbee, AZ.

I got a kick out of that picture. Why do people say dogs and cats fight anyways? From my experience, they usually get along.

2. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cool!  We live 15 miles from Bisbee, I was there today following up on getting building permits, and I never knew this.

Got cats, kangaroo rats, and a leopard gecko lizard at the moment, but definitely favor cats.  Don't even fathom the folks that say dogs are better companions.  Never have had a cat bite me (other than a gentle love bite), but have been bitten in the a** by an English sheepdog.  Never had a cat pee on me but had a Pug do that while I was sleeping on the couch.  Never had a dog figure out how to the litter box. 

Oh, yeah.  And I've never had a cat wake me up at 3 a.m. by barking insanely at a phantom or whatever....
      Etc. Etc.big_smile

14. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I am a dog person.

15. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

All I know is there's an old myth that men prefer dogs and women prefer cats, but I think this thread has pretty much blown that  theory out of the water. I keep seeing "I prefer dogs".

Myth busted.

They should do that on MythBusters. I guess it doesn't involve blowing stuff up, though.

16. Shakola W. profile image59
    Shakola W.posted 14 years ago

I prefer dogs. They're alot more fun. Cats just sit there.

17. Gemsong profile image61
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

I have a dog and two cats. So I can't vote. I've always had dogs but I love cats due to their low maintenance. I used to have gerbils and fish.

And for christmas I want a pony.

18. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I love animals but I vote for dogs. smile

19. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Both!

20. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

Has to be dogs for me, cats make me sneeeeze and get sick.

21. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Dogs for sure.

22. sassychic profile image61
    sassychicposted 14 years ago

Hellicopter yeah for the dogs! Um havent been around much ppl have to fill me in on what has been happening, the Bernese Mountain Dog is my favorite

23. marshall92 profile image67

Wow, it seems like an overwhelming amount of people on hubpages prefer dogs.

24. profile image52
    anon-knee-mouseposted 14 years ago

.........cats......i think i'm slowly turning into mad-cat-woman from the simpsons............possibly........or not.......

25. love my yorkies profile image59
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

absolutely dogs

26. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

dogs.

27. profile image0

Marshall that video was tooo cute! I loved it! yea the one on your hub lol

28. Jo Woodward profile image60
    Jo Woodwardposted 14 years ago

I have 3 dogs and 2 cats, but what about the ferrets?

29. profile image0
    reconciled heartposted 14 years ago

Dogs are great, but I prefer cats!

30. profile image0
    shinujohn2010posted 14 years ago

I like dogs as they are good friends than humans.

31. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

My vote is for dogs.

32. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Dogs Rule!

But you can make a fine pair of slippers out of a fat cat.

33. missalyssa profile image59
    missalyssaposted 14 years ago

I love cats, but my dogs go with me everywhere! i had one cat who barked like a dog, went to the door when someone knocked and LOVED to ride in the car...He ran away on Christmas...and I've yet to find him - and I'm just not ready for a new one yet! So, at this point, I have to say my dogs...

34. profile image0
    mariyammaposted 14 years ago

Cats are sweet to fondle

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)