jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

A hub of mine got pulled (you left a great comment on it) for "duplicate" what i

1. buczchic profile image60
    buczchicposted 7 years ago

A hub of mine got pulled (you left a great comment on it) for "duplicate" what is this??

my article was written by me about the unions in WI and getting several views and comments but then it got pulled for some reason.  All it said was "duplicate" and 'needs revision'....I can't seem to get any clarification on this and thought maybe you would have some idea what this means? The title of my hub is
    An Attack on Unions is a Political Attack on Democrats

2. profile image85
    HSchneiderposted 7 years ago

Hi Buczchic. I don't know what it means. I do know that a lot of Hubbers are getting their Hubs pulled. I think they have change their standards but that's just speculation. Your Hub was an excellent one so I do not understand why it was pulled. Try to contact HubPages for some clarification. What they did is just wrong. Take care.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I just received word on this from Admin because one of my hubs got hit with "sub-standard." In the past it has been within the terms of service to post your own original content on Hubpages that had also been posted elsewhere on the internet. Apparently that has changed going forward. This did take me by surprise because it's never been the case before, and when I read the updated TOS I used the commentary at the bottom to determine which sections had been revised and needing my attention, and those did not discuss the duplicate content issue. Obviously I need to head back and read it all through much more carefully.

At any rate, if you have published the article on more than one site, that's why it's been pulled. If you haven't posted it on more than one site, then I'd suggest running the entire thing through a plagiarism checker such as the one at dustball.com. This will give you links to searches containing phrases in your article that are repeated on the web, and may help you find someone who is plagiarizing your work.

4. Jefsaid profile image71
    Jefsaidposted 7 years ago

On my first day Hubbing I transferred all my articles from another site to HubPages.  Within moments I was hit left right and centre by duplicate warnings and all sorts with one person on a forum even accusing me of plagiarism.  Eventually, after explaining my case to the accuser he apologised and it became apparent that he was a moderator and pointed me to the administrator for advice.  After an exchange of emails with the HubPages admin team everything was ironed out amicably.

5. Harlan Colt profile image76
    Harlan Coltposted 7 years ago

One of my hubs is labeled duplicate. It is the one about my 57 Chevy. It is because I have much of the same story posted on a Chevy website where I am a member.

I don't care. I leave it as is. Both are my original writing.
    It is my only duplicate tho, and it is changed enough that they have not pulled it.

- Harlan

6. Sunshine625 profile image93
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

I had two hubs pulled this week. The second was referred to as a duplicate. Makes no sense whatsoever. The hub consisted of videos in honor of Memorial Day. I added a thank you message to the soldiers as my text. Just plain silly when they don't offer a detailed explaination!