jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do ACCOLADES give you an incentive to become more active here at hubpages?

1. visitmaniac profile image61
    visitmaniacposted 6 years ago

Do ACCOLADES give you an incentive to become more active here at hubpages?

Do ACCOLADES give you an incentive to become more active here at hubpages? Do you like having goals and achieving them?

2. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

I have most of them already so not much point in making goals to achieve them smile I do think they can serve as an incentive for people to participate more in the HubPages community. In the end, if you're here to earn money then they don't really matter though.

3. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago

I would have thought that the accolades are more of an indication of what your fellow Hubbers think of you and what you write rather than anything else.

However, I am here for the fun and joy of writing,  and not to earn a living so I am not necessarily the best person to answer your question.

I know I get a great deal of satisfaction knowing that people seem to get enjoyment from my scibbles....

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

No, Accolades do not give me an incentive.  They have zero effect on earnings.  By the time that feature was invented, I'd already earned many of them, so getting them en mass had no significance.

My goals are set based on real-world achievements, not virtual medals.  That's why I have my Accolades turned off so no one sees them on my profile.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, not for me.  Little icons on my profile don't really mean much.  It doesn't pay the bills.

working