jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you get a lazy teenager to become more active?

1. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 9 years ago

How do you get a lazy teenager to become more active?

2. LowellWriter profile image77
    LowellWriterposted 9 years ago

All they do is sit on the couch and watch television. They spend so many hours using the computer that their butt has left a permanent impression on the chair. You believe that there must be something medically wrong with your child because they are... read more

3. soni2006 profile image77
    soni2006posted 8 years ago

Telling my teenage son that I received a call from his girlfriend on his cell and she is asking to go to watch a movie and today is Sunday and you have to complete all the cleaning work at home and I will let you go watch a movie with her if you will do that plus I will give you some money to spend on her.

It is my belief that if I will have a son one day, I will make him active like this. I do not like lazy people and I do not want my teens to become procrastinators.

4. profile image43
    Parrish L-Lposted 8 years ago

A Girlfriend or a friend who will be there or say dude lets chill and such. At least that worked for me

5. EleanorMaynard profile image61
    EleanorMaynardposted 7 years ago

Don't be a chauffeur, cook and maid for your teen! Teens can do a lot of things for themselves, and sometimes the only way they'll discover the satisfaction of being self-sufficient is when the maid, cook, and chauffeur are on strike. Maybe all the "servants" shouldn't "go on strike" at the same time though... and a few "how-to" lessons might be needed. Keep the lines of communication open. Have a sense of humour, and know that your kids are smart people and can learn new skills when they are motivated. Good luck!

6. Anne Pettit profile image72
    Anne Pettitposted 7 years ago

Request help and teach your teen how to do it well enough so it really helps.

working