jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

What do you consider to be Fashion Forward?

1. ADDICTED2FIERCE profile image55
    ADDICTED2FIERCEposted 8 years ago

What are your favorite things to wear?
    Favorite stores to shop in?
    What catches your eye whenever you go shopping for new clothes?

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 8 years agoin reply to this

i like tailored clothes that have simple, classic lines. i really noticed the other day when i was cleaning out my closet that i have a lot of double-breasted jackets and hoodies, vests and tuxedo shirts. i like slacks that sit a little lower on the waist than usual, and belts. i like shoes and boots with buckles on them. that sounds kind of Equestrian, but it's not really...so i guess things that catch my eye are simple with a tailored or structured feel to them. i don't like clothes that fit loosely or drape too much. i like macy's and kohl's because kohl's sells vera wang really cheap!

1. ADDICTED2FIERCE profile image55
        ADDICTED2FIERCEposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I GUESS I HAVE TO FIND A KOHL'S DOWN HERE AND CHECK MS. VERA OUT! I LIKE YOUR SENSE OF STYLE EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW YOU PERSONALLY. I LOVE TUXEDO SHIRTS, HOODIES, AND VESTS! I LIKE TO BE DIFFERENT WITH MY WARDROBE, URBAN, GLAMOUR, HIGH FASHION..I LIKE TO MIX THEM ALL UP!

2. Cranoo profile image59
    Cranooposted 8 years ago

I consider being yourself fashion forward wink

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 8 years ago

far out! a few good pieces go a long way!

'k, i'm going to read your hubs now, as i am interested in fashion.

4. ADDICTED2FIERCE profile image55

FASHION is my everything, my first love!

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago

I don't go with the everyday fashions. I wear what I like. I don't really like going with what every single person wears. I go with my own style

1. andromida profile image61
      andromidaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

very good style.

1. smokenchic profile image57
        smokenchicposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree, I enjoy shopping for new clothes, but hell I'm willing to shop for them at the local Goodwill or resale shop. I enjoy wearing clothes that I can keep wearing for years later. That stay in, my fashion and never wear out..lol

6. Maddie Ruud profile image80
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Fashion is merely a form of ugliness so unbearable that we are compelled to alter it ever six months. ~Oscar Wilde

1. Daniel Carter profile image79
      Daniel Carterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Splendid, Maddie.
      The controversial Oscar rightfully made a statement on fashion. Love it.

As for me, I vascillate between gym rat clothes, high fashion downtown type stuff, and some cowboy. Can't quite shake the sagebrush out of my pac suns and Lucky Brands. I like to go shopping with my 20-something kids. It's a hoot.

1. profile image44
        CabinGirlposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Daniel, please spare me that vision, I have just eaten !

1. Daniel Carter profile image79
          Daniel Carterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

LOL

I never do all at the same time.

7. smokenchic profile image57
    smokenchicposted 8 years ago

Hey daniel do u do the two step to...lol. when i was in the military. i learned how to and i had a blast.

8. viryabo profile image85
    viryaboposted 8 years ago

I've always loved fashion. For as long as i can remember. My passion was always the fashion accessories, the shoes, belts and bags. I believe whatever you wear, and however crappy it may be, put on some great shoes with unique cuts and a lovely bag and your total look ends up great.
    Love clothes that hug my body.  Bustiers, low backs, a bit of cleavage showing. Animal prints ive always found exotic. Slide shoes with high heels are now my passion in shoes. I like the way my pedicured (?) toes, nicely painted, peep through. And i always wear ankle bracelets with tiny charms. Great for long legs and spike heeled open toe shoes. But whatever the function i attend, i MUST look different from everyone. Love the side glances...... Oh! I better stop now smile

9. ADDICTED2FIERCE profile image55

I DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!

10. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 8 years ago

Clothes with a good clean line but a modern outlook, the right cut in a pair of heels, a purse that is classic, but stands out:  lately I've been going for pattened black leather with silver accessories.

working