jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Another Analytics Question

1. NaomiR profile image87
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

Sorry for all the questions about this — I'm still getting the hang of it.

I applied for Analytics, and when it asked for my URL, I gave it the address to my HubPages profile page. It then sent me my tracking number, which I plugged into my affiliates page this morning, and everything seemed to be set. But now it only seems to be tracking one hub. Did I do something wrong? Do I just have to give the tracker some time to pick up my other hubs? Thanks.

1. lrohner profile image86
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Do not link to your profile page. In Analytics, just link to http://hubpages.com (without the www). It will then start tracking all of your hubs.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You have to create a link to every hub you want to follow.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oops, she's talking about Analytics here, not Adsense.

You can't link individual Hubs in Analytics.

If you click on the top left hand menu you can choose "Top content" among other things - that will show you which pages are getting the most visits. You'll also be able to tell by the keywords people are using to find your Hubs.

3. NaomiR profile image87
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

How do I do this?

4. ForTheInterim profile image75
    ForTheInterimposted 7 years ago

I'm new to Analytics as well, but I was able to put in a general "Hubpages.com" as the address.  Then Analytics gives you the code to enter into your account settings with HubPages.

Later when I checked my Analytics account, it separated each of my individual hubs which had traffic.

Follow the instructions here:  http://hubpages.com/faq/#googleanalytics

5. NaomiR profile image87
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

Thanks! I'm going to change it right now.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I have linked to individual hubs through Analytics.

1. lrohner profile image86
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

UW, with 115 hubs, that has got to be a pain in the arse! Just create one profile for hubpages.com and be done with it! It will then track all of your hubs and your profile individually!

7. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Its not necessary to link to individual hubs via analytics, I find it much easier to manage all my sites without having to scroll through another 20 odd pages that would be created by tracking a hub individually- that would be equivalent of tracking every page and post in your blogs

working