jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

How much time do you spend on HubPages?

1. Roy Perrin profile image60
    Roy Perrinposted 6 years ago

How much time do you spend on HubPages?

I have spent a lot of time on HP since joining and have read a lot og hubs about how to make money, but it seems like those actually making any significant money are full-time readers/writers.

2. jacqui2011 profile image81
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I would love to be on Hubpages full time and make a living from it. Unfortunately I work and have a family to look after so I don't get to spend nearly as much time as I would like. I probably get to spend around 2 hours a day at the moment. It's so addictive!

3. kannanwrites profile image94
    kannanwritesposted 6 years ago

Agreed with jacqui, same for me as well, 2 hours.

4. 61MT profile image41
    61MTposted 6 years ago

I used to use this site quite frequently, but I have started using a few other sites now.  I don't have too much time to spend here anymore.

5. vox vocis profile image85
    vox vocisposted 6 years ago

I agree with you. Making money depends on the time you invest in writing and interacting. I don't spend as much time as I would like to here, but I'm trying to find a way to organize my obligations and use the site more. But, once I sign in, I can spend hours and hours here smile

6. jwhitman profile image69
    jwhitmanposted 6 years ago

I've been a member for about 3 weeks and probably spend an average of 2-3 hours a day on the site.  I'm home for the summer but once the school year starts in September I won't have as much free time.  I try to read and comment on 5 hubs a day and answer a couple of questions.  I'm also trying to write one to two hubs per day while I have the time now since I know when the school year starts and my kids activities pick up for the new year I won't have nearly enough time and will probably only get one to two hubs published each week.

7. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

I spend an hour every day on hub pages and enjoying reading hubs & commenting.

8. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I put attention to HubPages throughout the day whenever a have a free moment from regular work. Can't say what that adds up to but on average it might be about an hour a day. It's true that some people actually make some decent money from writing. But those are the people who put a full day into HubPages, each and every day.  If one expects real money from it they have to understand that it's a real full-time job.

9. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

An hour per day on average.  Sometimes more.

10. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Too much - I should be spending more time on info barrel where the persons that moderate new hubs don't act like pissy little vendetta holding mental midgets for someone being anti "politically correct."

http://www.infobarrel.com/signup.php?ref_id=33854

11. tebo profile image86
    teboposted 6 years ago

I don't spend enough time. I try to but have too many distractions. From reading other answers Some people do spend a lot of time and probably reap the rewards.

12. mkrandhawa profile image60
    mkrandhawaposted 6 years ago

atleast two hours per day on average. Sometimes more.I love to read and write hubs.

13. Roy Perrin profile image60
    Roy Perrinposted 6 years ago

Thank you all so much for answering.  Next part of what I really want to know:
    Where else do you spend you time online?  Between HP and "there" are you making any money worth talking about?

14. Escobana profile image77
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

I can spend at least 5 hours a day on HubPages but I don't. Making money would be nice but it's not the most important part of being here.

It's very addictive which I like, but spending time to do good research before publishing my Hub, is also important to me.

Besides...I love the sun! Nothing better than to reflect my life, gane some new insparation, while sitting outside with my Sangria:-)

15. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 6 years ago

About 1-2 hours daily. Sometimes 3 or more if I don't have much planned out for that specific day.

16. lydocia profile image60
    lydociaposted 6 years ago

I have written two articles, and am now working on three more.

I try to answer some questions here, because I like helping people and I find it interesting to read what you all have to ask/say.

working