jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

I've been away for a while. What does the capital A mean after each of my hubs

1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

I've been away for a while.  What does the capital A mean after each of my hubs in my account?

2. homesteadbound profile image88
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

It means to need to write a summary for your hub.

3. Troyangeluk profile image48
    Troyangelukposted 6 years ago

it means you need to write a summary but it doesn't really make much of a difference. You can write the summary by clicking edit hub and it will be on the right hand side of the hub next to tags.

4. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

This was new to me as well, so I've had to go through all my hubs adding a summary of 2-3 sentences. Thankfully it doesn't take that long - well unless you have hundreds of hubs of course!!!

5. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 6 years ago

Some hubbers have reported an increase in traffic after writing a 2 sentence summary. there are a couple of threads on this.

6. Pamela N Red profile image85
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

If you are like me and have a lot of articles it means "lots of work." lol

It's taken be a few days now and I'm still not finished. Good to see you back, Tobey.

7. iviskei profile image72
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

Apparently it's a new feature where they want you to write summaries for your hubs. I'm really glad I only have four...

8. profile image0
    Suramya.Kposted 6 years ago

The A is for summary of the hub. The summary acts as a meta-description and Google and search engines love them. Search engines usually display texts in summary if your hub has been searched for the term which is not in the content. So, relevant and unique summary thrives.

If you have used Squidoo, then it is something like custom bio of the individual lenses.

9. CJ Andrews profile image89
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

That you need to put a summary in.  It isn't required, but it does assist in several ways.  I would add it.  Good to have another person back.

10. randomizing profile image84
    randomizingposted 6 years ago

it means you need to write a summary on what your hub is about.. even i had this.. just go on your hub and edit it.. on the right hand side.. in the grey boxes.. where your layout of the page is.. just click on summary which is a subtitle highlighted and underlined in blue and write what your hub is about.

This should do .. and your A goes away immediately.

11. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I have been on holiday, and when I returned this morning I noticed that all of my hubs had an "A" after them. I'm glad I came across all these answers, because I have now added summaries to them all and the "A's" have now disappeared. Thank you.

working