Build Your Empire, money IS power......

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (45 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ryan Kettposted 14 years ago

Fighting. Bitching. Disagreements. Politics. Religion. Ignorance. Bigotry. Immaturity.

They are all great fun in my book, but we could all be building up an empire. Money is power....

What are your strategies? How are you going to turn your $2 a day into $10 a day? You need to get there before you can even begin to dream of earning $50 a day.....

Sitting around bickering with trolls, freaks, the far right, is not going to help you get your slice of the pie.

I am a fine one to talk of course, but I have begun to realise that fighting with the mentally unstable is only going to drag me to their level. These people are losers, please see that like I have. We have unemployed people telling us that free health care is bad, we have religious nutters telling us that we will go to hell.

Well there is only one place that I am going and that is UP....... And I dont mean to heaven. There are some great people on here, seriously take this piece of advice from me, I am going to practice it myself..... leave them at the bottom. They are the lowest of the low, down and outs, social recluses, worthless, pathetic, losers with very little in their lives. YOU are not.

So, get your fingers out of your backsides, get your heads out of the nuthouse (this forum) and start taking a bigger slice of that adsense pie. Where is your strategy? I will tell you mine. It started yesterday.

1) Get to 120 hubs in the next 15 days (this completes another 30 in 30 for me). STOP AT THIS POINT!

2) Add my hubpages referral link to all of my hubs. That is 800+ people every day that are being exposed to my referral link.

3) Bookmark every hub at Shetoldme.com (I am seeing some half decent action with this site). Thats all 120, I have done 66 so far.

4) Blog every one of my hubs (fresh text of course) at my new domain, thats all 120. Thats a fast growing new blog and a backlink for every one of my hubs.

5) One blog is finished, find 3 backlinks for all 120 of my hubs. That is 360 backlinks.

6) Check the adsense ads and performance for all 120 of my hubs, alter keywords accordingly.

7) Find 3rd adsense income stream (already have hubpages and newly developed blog), shetoldme.com does not really count as clicks are sporadic. Probably Howtodothings.com or Flixya.com

8) For every 10 hubs, I write 10 articles at 3rd site. Blog summary and backlink to all 20 of my articles. 3 backlinks for all 20 of my articles (thats 60).

9) Submit all 20 articles to Shetoldme.com

10) Review strategy at this time OR repeat steps 8 and 9.

When my latest 3 day ban is over, this will be me.... I will be taking it all back to the income.

Goodbye Rif-Raf, stinky people, nuclear freaks, neanderthals. I plan on taking at least 100 hubbers with me.... and leaving you cavemen behind.

Whoop whoop....

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Goodbye Ryan ! I'll stay with the cavemen

2. Flightkeeper profile image68
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know some of us have jobs. Your strategy will have me become a stark raving maniac babbling endlessly about hubs and no one will know what I'm talking about. smile

3. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blimey smile Ryan, I just read number 1 and I nearly stopped reading your post. I mean 120 hubs in 15 days????? Take a break once in a while and head to the forums. I don't blame you for trying to avoid the forums, it does get into hubbing and writing but it's also a great way to relax. Just avoid the religion and the political forums and you'll be fine. smile

Good luck in your endeavors. I would dearly love to join you and if I only don't have a day job, I'll join you in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, duty calls smile. Thanks for the open invitation.

1. profile image0
        Ryan Kettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol, emievil..... I am not going to do 120 hubs in 15 days. I am going to reach 120 hubs in 15 days (I already have 106) lol

I wasn't asking people to copy me, I was just drunk..... and going on a preaching sesh.

1. emievil profile image67
          emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh my, maybe I'm the one drunk smile. I failed to read the "get to" part lol. Oh well, 1 hub per day looks okay.

By the way, what happened with your job applications? Any news?

2. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Sounds like a great strategy and a great plan, this place is full of cock-knockers.

More power to you.

3. blue dog profile image60
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

you tire me out just thinking about trying to keep up with you.  of all the people on this site, regardless of age, you are the most inspiring.  good work.

4. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Yes. Money is POWER! Need to spend less time in the forums for a while. Must earn better cos i'm tired of the trickles. Take me along...

5. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

well i am convinced you have at your disposal everything you need to make you rich...... but when you get there, i doubt you will be happy, i could be wrong, but i do not think so

1. profile image0

Would it make me happy? Probably not..... but I am only talking about $10 a day Brenda big_smile thats hardly going to give me a playbody lifestyle! Well when I get to the dizzy heights of $10, I wont forget the little people..... I will buy you a drink wink

6. profile image0

Viryabo, Voodoo, Dog...... hop aboard the adsense train. If its delayed by 3 days, its because I am currently in exile lol

1. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Will patiently await your return smile

7. profile image0

i am rich already actually..... but i wont refuse a drink

staying off forums for a while may be a good idea, wow they can be so ....... can't even think of a word to describe them, i am sure you have one

joking about the rich bit honest

1. profile image0

Thats all good, you can buy me one back then lol

1. profile image0
        \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i will buy you whatever i can afford.  I like your cocky little avatar.... it so suits you

2. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have one. Sooo Addictive
      No. i have two. Sooo Entertaining and Addictive!
      But my hub writing suffers for this.
      There i go again. Back in the forums lol

8. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I've been staying off the forums & writing, reading, commenting!  Remember, one of the things people encourage is you become active in the forums when you first become a hubber.

I can't stress enough, people, in general, judge from first impressions (& 2nd, 3rd & 4th).  People come into the forums and READ - make sure the impression they get of you is one they will want to keep & continue reading what you write & referring others to read what you've written smile

1. profile image0
  9. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Good luck with the grand plan ryan, sounds like you have given it a lot of thought. Your going to be really busy, but I guess thats a good thing big_smile

10. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I would do all that, but I'm lazy.  I reckon I'll continue my lackadaisical approach and slop up a hub here and there as I get the inklin'. Humor doesn't pay, and I have a hard time getting too fired up for writing for the sake of earning alone.  However, that's a nice, fired-up sermon you gave there though preacher!  I hope you stick to it, that'd be awesome. Good luck!

1. profile image0

me and you both, and we can't even be bothered to go to the gym.....

11. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Ryan, can I go with you?  big_smile

1. profile image0

Sure...

12. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Ryan, I thought twice about whether or not to hit "submit" after this reply turned as long as it did; but I find the forums entertaining, and I don't think anyone (not even the "iffy" people) deserve to be insulted en masse.  So, although I don't really care one way or another what anyone on here does or doesn't do, I thought I'd go ahead and hit "submit", in defense of the forum and any "iffy" people participating on it.  If any of them have personally attacked you then they deserve the 3-day ban too, because you don't deserve personal attacks either.

You have some good ideas for increasing earnings, and I can understand anyone's disenchantment with some of what goes on in the forums.  On the other hand, I reached $10 last year, while still dabbling in the forums when I wanted to take a break from working (either on Hubs or other "real" work).  In fact, I've seen lots of over-$20 days.  So, people can participate on the forums for whatever their reasons may be and still earn that $10 a day (or, in other people's cases and sometimes my own, more).  If people participate in the forums thinking that will increase their earnings, they're wrong.  It can contribute to their HubScore but doesn't usually do much for earnings (which come when a Hub is the right kind of Hub and gets traffic).

It's completely possible (for anyone who finds it a little entertaining or a good break from more serious work) to participate in the forums without engaging (or at least engaging for more than a few seconds) in the small-minded arguments with people to whom one doesn't much relate.  Some people like a little discussion that kind of challenges their debating skills.  I know I've had a lot of times when things (not necessarily intended to be funny) on here have me laughing so hard I feel like I'll pass out from lack of oxygen.  smile  Sometimes it's light entertainment.  Sometimes it's a way to get to know other Hubbers a little better.

Not everyone on the forums is "lowest of the low, down and outs, social recluses, worthless, pathetic, losers with very little in their lives."  Are there some who may be what you have described?  Probably.  Anything public always has people who has "issues".  Still, sometimes it is the most industrious, most well adjusted, people who do have full lives who can have a sense of humor or enjoy dabbling in a little debate.  For anyone who is inclined to look for a little entertainment on the forums, earning and participating are not mutually exclusive.  There's something to be said for "live and let live" and for not taking the forums personally or as something that will prevent anyone from having success with his Hubs.

Offering your good ideas about increasing traffic/earnings, and kind of challenging fellow Hubbers to aim for more success in earnings, are positive and generous-minded things to do in a community; but, respectfully, it's kind of unfortunate you decided to include ugly remarks that (again, respectfully) never do much for anyone's success in a business or "pseudo-business" environment.

I know your remarks imply that some people on the forums are "non-losers", but I don't see the need to fling out "if-the-shoe-fits" crude remarks at either people you've had problems with or else anyone in general.  It's not my business or intent to "lecture" here, because what anyone does isn't my business.  Still, there have been lots of people on here who have indicated respect for you, as a writer, and valuing your presence on the forums and HubPages.  In one of your other "bannings" all kinds of "support" threads were started on your behalf.  I'd think you would appreciate the people who have supported you and just ignore anyone you think has some problem.  Just be glad you don't have whatever problem you think they do.  If someone is so "bottom of the barrel", why the need to even try to insult them?  Ignore them.  You're right - engaging in all kinds of petty foolishness and extended fighting is childish, but you're the one who apparently keeps getting banned and then keeps posting threads with crude or demeaning remarks in them.   hmm

I have no doubt that you or any number of other Hubbers who have decent grammar skills can put in whatever effort is required to earn decent money.  (By the way, my $10 or $20-plus a day has not resulted in a lot of increased power for me.  lol  )  In business, though, when one has an affiliation with one company that makes it possible for those earnings to be made, the way to sure success is not usually through appearing to attempt to discourage what that business, itself, encourages.  In business, that kind of thing is seen as "divisive" or "disgruntled".  In general, it's not the way to get or earn the respect and trust of any potential "followers".  Most of the time people skills must accompany other skills and motivation in order for anyone to build an "empire".  Good luck with aims to earn more.  That makes sense, and I don't doubt you can achieve your aims.  If you can form a group with shared aims and information, great.  That's the whole idea behind having a community.  At the same time, participating in the forums is one form of community and doesn't mean people won't/can't earn with their Hubs.  Whether it's with admission to college, getting or keeping a job, or anything else; being well rounded and able to deal with graciously with aggravating people both usually work well for most people.

1. profile image0

Wow, long reply.... you know that I wasn't really telling people not to post on the forum right? Just that spending too long on the forum is costing you money..... but I take all of your points agree with them....

I was also not aiming this post at anybody.... well, ok.... I did mention religious freaks and right wingers. But that was very hypothetical. 'YOU' is everybody.

13. profile image0

LISA  it had to be said i agree with you...... this guy has so much skill,but his mouth does run away with him slightly.... Ryan have you read many other peoples hubs??????

CHILL OUT, AND STOP BEING A BRAT, ARE YOU AN ONLY CHILD, OR THE YOUNGEST,OR ON SOME SUBSTANCE OR WHAT...... YOU HAVE A LOT OF FANS ON HERE,

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  I'd like to clarify that I didn't use the word, "brat".  lol   I do think it's too bad, though, when someone has ability and is clearly well liked by so many that "ugliness" and negativity have to keep popping up.  hmm  Nobody has to engage in the fights, or if they engage in them they don't need to take them personally.  There's so much of a sense of community on HubPages.  A few out-of-line remarks don't have to nullify that.  Again, though, it's not my business; and I know that.  At least for the last couple of hours, being too tired to write but too awake to sleep, I'm one of those people who doesn't, in fact, have much to do right now (that I feel like doing), so I had the time to write the long post.  I guess that makes me one of those people with "not much going on", at least tonight.    lol

1. profile image0

oh no brat was my word, he does in my opinion behave a bit like a brat at times.... extremely intelligent person, needs positive direction for his expertise,  personally i love him a lot, really really do

2. profile image0

Hey? Have I read many other peoples hubs? Of course I have. I did a bleedin hub featuring 50 of them....

1. profile image0

oh yeah so you did, not heard the word bleeding for ages, you are funny, they don't use that word here in Ireland..... sorry i did not mean to upset you...

14. glendoncaba profile image74
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

Ryan who...?

O the guy everyone was talking about.  Oh!  So this is his comeback.  Mmmmm!

Man, he's got it bad.

Somebody take him for a picnic or a walk in the park or something.

My impression:  Like so many talented persons these days he just hasn't found his perfect niche (guess that describes most of us on HubPages) so he's just itching for a fight or something. 

Ryan, the secret of happiness is to make others happy.  But what do I know, I'm just one of the religious nuts smile

Thanks for the ideas.

EDIT:  the new pic had me fooled.  A bright one on the forum but too caustic at times.  Ran into him already.  Other avatar pic was better.

1. profile image0

Dont think I have ever talked to you before Glen to be honest.... unless you have an alter-ego. I may be wrong, but I don't think that our 'Run In' has ever happened. And thanks, I will note in future that the back of my head looks better than the front?

15. glendoncaba profile image74
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

Ryan congrats on your 30 in 30 goals.

I tried it twice.  Did 20 in 30.
    Then 23 in 30.  Was trying to do 100 in 60.
    Now I'm having a third go; 1 in 2 days.  Think I'll do the 30 this time. smile

1. profile image0

Thanks, I have done 3 in a row..... going to stop at 120 hubs, which is 4 in a row. Need a break from it smile

16. Lisa HW profile image63

Brenda, maybe the middle child in me has come out here.  They say middle kids try to be "diplomats" and "peace-keepers".  smile  Of course, I'm the first to refute any negative things "they" say about middle children.  lol

1. profile image0
  17. Lisa HW profile image63

Brenda, we haven't, I don't think.  I'm in the middle between a sister 4 and a half years older and a brother five years younger.

18. profile image0

being a middle child was the pits for me, but i think in between two sisters is hard..... aparantly a middle child of 3 of the same sex has a hard time..... so all the books say, and i would agree.  you are never anything special, not the youngest not the oldest etc etc etc.... i am getting negative now, but childhood does effect you however old you get don't it

19. Lisa HW profile image63

I kind of liked being in the middle, but there was the big-ish age difference between us.  I got to play with my sister while she was young enough to play (or at least draw), but when she outgrew me I got to play with my brother.  I have to say I think both may have felt more like "big cheeses" in the family than I did; but I think feeling like others saw me as the "chronic little cheese" worked to my advantage in a lot of ways.  lol  (I'm strong and independent and not someone who looks to "the world" for validation or "big cheese-ery". )

20. profile image0

hello Ryan

21. profile image0

My last three hubs have been called:-

Louis Theroux
    Famous Serial Killers: Dennis Nilsen
    Sir Geoff Hurst

If you can find a $1 keyword in there, I will give you $1 wink

22. profile image0

i thought maybe you were drunk, you are forgiven.... you certainly create a lot of interest.... you must be some kind of genius i think.....

23. Lisa HW profile image63

smile   Hi, Ryan.  As I mentioned, I knew it was way long and thought about not posting it because of the length.  Then, though - why waste what one has already typed....   I think (besides the fact that I was too wide-eyed to sleep but too tired to do much of anything else) my post was the result of lots of things I've seen recently that complain about how "awful" (my word, not someone else's) the forums are these days.  There seems to more of that talk recently than in the past, but sometimes I wonder if there's a Charlotte's Web type of thing that goes on (a self-fulfilling-prophecy type of thing). 

As I mentioned to Brenda, maybe it's the middle child in me coming out; but sometimes when unpleasant words start getting "flung" (wherever they may be being flung - on here or not), it's my tendency to take it upon myself to try to put some perspective on things.  I usually only go into the politics or religion forums occasionally (out of boredom), but enough religious remarks make their way to the other forums (with some of them implying some of us are ignorant or headed for hell) that I actually wrote a "retaliation" Hub and didn't include a comment box - just to vent and have my say.  lol  lol  It isn't all posters of religious stuff, though - only a few who use the forums to preach, rather than "discuss as equals".  Whatever - it's generally a nice community and only an online forum.  I do think it's kind of too bad that a lot of people who would like to have "regular" discussions (even if about religion) leave/have left; because that has left the imbalance (in the direction of religious threads) that we see on here these days.

Oh well, if you devote all your HubPages time to your Hubs good luck.  It's not a bad idea, but pop back once in a while and let people know if find a formula for major earnings increases.   smile

24. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Ryan,

Work smarter not harder, your intended process is mostly well planned but has a few items that will not have a great ROI.

Look into the link wheel concept, or spoke model. Dont do a summary of all your hubs on a blogspot blog.

If you must, seperate your hubs by category and do 5-6 blogs along toical boundaries with keyword rich domain names

Spread the effort around to as many different web 2.0 properties you can access

I would never put in the effort of 120 articles into a blogspot page, make the jump and get your own hosting, and use a format that will have no limitations so as your expertise grows, so will your page and hopefully earnings.

Ive been sitting at home making a livable income in an area a few hours away from NYC for almost exactly a year now. With the type of effort you are willing to expend you should be pushing past the revenue share model

If you want an empire, than build your own kingdom, Hubpages is sharecropping

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)