jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How long before you started getting decent traffic from search engines?

1. BWD316 profile image84
    BWD316posted 6 years ago

How long before you started getting decent traffic from search engines?

im currently getting on average 10 views a day from google, bing, and other search engine sites but not enough to make more than cents a day

2. Barbara Kay profile image89
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

I started to get decent traffic from them at 8 months, but I didn't start writing more than a few hubs until I was on here for awhile. It may be faster for you since I was so slow at getting anything done.

It all really depends on what you write about. Be sure to use Google's Keyword Tool and that you are using good keywords. Then check the Google search engine to make sure millions of good pages haven't already been written about the topic.

Next be sure to get some links to your hubs and you should start doing well. PS. I only make about $50 a month still. Some people earn a lot more.

3. JEDIJESSICUH profile image82
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

It depends on what you write about. Four hubs I wrote last week got some great traffic from search engines because they were things that happened recently. Two were about Facebook updates and two were television show reviews - Glee and Two And A Half Men.

4. lundmusik profile image70
    lundmusikposted 6 years ago

I've wondered about that myself,, and Barbara, how have you gotten links to your pages,, (by asking other sources directly?) and how much of your income is from those arranged links?

Almost all of my google hits have come on nose pimples and vermont foliage.. smile

5. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

My traffic numbers were not great until about 4 months after I joined here.  Things seemed to get a lot better once I switched to the subdomains.