jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is your reaction of negative criticism on your hub?

1. anupma profile image80
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

What is your reaction of negative criticism on your hub?

A hub is published after hard work, and when someone criticize it negatively, then how do you feel that time?

2. JT Walters profile image79
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

I don't really get negative reactions but constructive criticism.  I look at the criticism and then I go back and fix my hub.

Sometimes I will get flipped remarks but that maybe a cultural divide and I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when they take the time to read my articles, coment and provide feedback.

After all the negative and flipped remarks reflect in the writer not on the author.

3. marymootoo profile image75
    marymootooposted 6 years ago

If someone chooses to criticize your work negatively thay shouldn't comment at all,
    but then criticism is normaly negative! or based on a negativity.
    My reaction to any negative views normaly is to sulk, get angry, then ask who you to make these opinons? If it does not add up then I will moved forward, probably still angry though. If it is at all justified then I will move forward even more angry this time, at myself allowing myself to be left open to such judgements.

4. NMLady profile image60
    NMLadyposted 6 years ago

I don't think it is polite to criticize someone else's work.  Seriously, I don't.
    Also. you can write in a pleasant or unpleasant tone.
    However,  I have made a note or two advising if I thought there was a problem.
    Ex:  Someone said TexMex and New Mexico cooking/food were the same.  Not.  I politely said nope.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

I beliieve that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so 99% of the time I will leave it there. If they are verbally abusive or rude and ignorant, I might delete them since it is my hub and I have that option.

6. stephaniedas profile image91
    stephaniedasposted 6 years ago

I appreciate well-placed criticism, but there is a polite way to do it and a conceited way. If someone with no picture and a hubscore in the 20's tells me that I suck, it doesn't bother me. I figure they're just out to make noise.

That said, you always have the power to deny their comment and report them if they're abusive! But if it they are simply pointing out an incorrect fact in my hub or disagreeing with what I say, I definitely keep it up there.

7. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

There are some knowledgeable and intelligent people who have a different opinion than you have.  This is part of discourse in a democratic and intelligent society.  I gladly welcome this.  However, there are people who are not as educated as you are on the subject and they do not use logical reasoning in criticizing your hub.   It is these people that I have a serious issue with.  Those people I try to verbally demolish.

8. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

While negative comments and critiques might be hurtful, or angering, at first, I think they do have a place in any open forum like this one. If you put your writing out there for the public to see, then a negative reaction is just part of the deal. Much like if you're a celebrity, you are just going to have to come to terms with comedians eventually making fun of you or tabloids snapping an embarrassing picture. We might not like it, but that isn't going to make it go away.

Having said that, if the comment is blatantly insulting and rude, I don't think any less of an author who deletes the comment. On hubpages, the comments are a part of the article we've written, posted on an account we control. We have every right to remove something we dislike.