jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Who do you have proof read your work? Why do you feel it is important to proof r

1. Nspeel profile image77
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

Who do you have proof read your work? Why do you feel it is important to proof read?

2. drspaniel profile image89
    drspanielposted 6 years ago

I proof read my own work. However occasionally I will invite friends and family to also check for mistakes, as the more people you can get to check your work, the more your hub can be perfected. I obviously feel that it's important to 'proof read' your work 3 times before submitting, but still mistakes can slip through the cracks...

Also proof reading your work will ensure higher quality in your writing.

3. EnjoyYourLife profile image61
    EnjoyYourLifeposted 6 years ago

My work is my product, sometimes even my pride and joy. But when it comes to proofreading work, I believe it is very important in terms of conveying an accurate message.

Just one word inappropriately used could convey the opposite of the message intended.

4. zanaworld profile image66
    zanaworldposted 6 years ago

I just wrote an article titled "who stole my iphone?" [http://zanaworld.hubpages.com/hub/who-stolen-our-iphone]. 

I admit, there are some mistakes and require careful proof reading.  Even hubber has commented to do so immediately.

If you don't proof read, then the reader get distracted.  It is always good proof read an article before publishing the same.  A distracted reader will not appreciate your article even if it is unique and interesting...

5. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

I do it myself--over and over again because I am a lousy editor.  If you don't proof read your work, are you saying or believing that your work is perfect the first time out?  When you are writing, you are the expert, but if your copy is riddled with imperfection, you look stupid to your reader.

6. BaliMermaid profile image55
    BaliMermaidposted 6 years ago

I proof read my own work but that means I either have to wait to publish or do it twice before I publish. I find that if the proofreading is done immediately after completion of writing the check is not done properly. sad

7. Dennis AuBuchon profile image84
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 6 years ago

I proof read my own work.  Once I have written an article or hub I do not published it immediately but walk away from it and when I look at it again I can spot either words missing or lacking punctuation.  There are also times where I have revised the way I have written certain points I want to project.

I feel that while there are great professional proofreaders the person that can best understand what you want to say is yourself.  There are programs both free and for a price that will help you proofread your work.  The true test of whether you have succeeded is the responses you recieve from them once they are published.

8. HERBERT ubaldo profile image57
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

Proof Reading is very important to correct your writing if you have incorrect spelling and it's characters such as question mark, comma, semi colon, colon, period etc....

9. stephaniedas profile image90
    stephaniedasposted 6 years ago

I proof read my own work after I wait a day. I find that I do a pretty back proof job right after I've written something.

10. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Since you cannot even ask the question in a gramatically correct proper question, it would be hard for you to understand.

working