jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)

What is your fastest time for writing a hub?

1. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

What is your fastest time for writing a hub?

I'm usually slow - a few days at the least. But how fast are some of you Hubbers out there?

2. Brie Hoffman profile image66
    Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago

I've never timed myself but I would say 10 minutes.

3. ronhi profile image74
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

Depends on what am writing on. If its something that happened to me, it will be a quick one because no research is involved. It also depends on how long the hub will be. But i would say an average of 30 mins

4. Abhimanyu Singh92 profile image70
    Abhimanyu Singh92posted 6 years ago

Normally I take a complete day, i.e, 24 hours to write, edit, format and publish a hub. smile

5. shivnandan profile image60
    shivnandanposted 6 years ago

I am not good in writing but usually 200 word on a topic in an hour or may be a day it depends on the topic...

6. rjsadowski profile image71
    rjsadowskiposted 6 years ago

If I already have the idea, like one of my mother's recipes, I can write a hub in an hour. More typically, it takes me half a day or longer depending upon the subject. Some hubs that I have seen, look like they were written in 15 minutes, but I don't usually bother to read them.

7. profile image0
    Tanmoy Acharyaposted 6 years ago

Well, it's like exposing a trade secret! ...However, I write mostly poems, and I remember to have composed some of them within 20 minutes or so. I am a picture-perfectionist, and to search that right picture for my poem, which is a legal picture, will take additional 20 minutes!

So 40 minutes in total.

To compose an article takes me weeks.

8. Ddraigcoch profile image80
    Ddraigcochposted 6 years ago

It is taking me longer all the time, as I realise that a good hub needs a lot of research. I have a few in draft that have been there a while and get added to whenever I gain new info.
    My poems may take about an hour, as they are emotive.

9. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

My fastest time would be probably about ten minutes or so too, like Mrs. Hoffman said. I have some very short blogs which were more or less written as a train-of-thought piece of writing. It all depends on the style and tone I want to convey.

10. Slightly Bonkers profile image60
    Slightly Bonkersposted 6 years ago

If I have something really bugging me or something funny coming to my head I am pretty quick and just "have to get it out" . But I suppose every writer needs its "muse" or a free head to be creative - one does not have that every day smile

11. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

My only poetry hub that I have up took me the least amount of time to write, roughly fifteen-ish minutes. I was walking around my kitchen deciding what to eat when it came to me. I jotted down the lines and decided to make it a hub. I think it took more time finding the right picture than it did writing the actual hub itself. Go figure.

12. randomcreative profile image93
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

I would say about half an hour.  I never publish right away, though.  I go back and double check it, making revisions if necessary.  This time also doesn't include the time I spend doing keyword research, including links, and promoting it.

13. stephaniedas profile image91
    stephaniedasposted 6 years ago

it depends. Sometimes, it takes 5 minutes to write and 30 minutes to proofread, find the right pic, add amazon products, etc. Probably the fastest took no more than ten minutes, and I think it was a recipe.

14. ktrapp profile image96
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

Probably the fastest I have ever written a hub is 3 hours, but I usually spend a lot longer and almost never publish the first day I've written one because I like to proofread multiple times.

15. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

One a week at best.  smile  I aim more for quality then quantity.

16. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

I write slow I spend days on some of my hubs simply because I want to make sure the info Im putting out there is right and I want to say things in a certain way to be heard so my hubs take me quite a while to write wich is why I dont have very many

17. Escobana profile image74
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

I think speed and quality, don't match that easily. Depends on what you write about, but in my case I need at least a week.

Writing poems is a different thing. The only one I wrote so far took two hours. Still I strongly believe in Evergreen content.

This sort of content usually takes time and energy. So far I feel it's worth the energy, making me feel proud of myself after finally publishing a new Hub.