jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are you affected from some nasty reviews you get from your hubs?

1. kingphilipIV profile image61
    kingphilipIVposted 6 years ago

Are you affected from some nasty reviews you get from your hubs?

2. My Minds Eye53 profile image61
    My Minds Eye53posted 6 years ago

I have never gotten one, I will let you know.  If it is from someone I know, it might hurt, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and you can't please everyone.

3. ThoughtSandwiches profile image82
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

Hi kingphilipIV...

I have not received a 'nasty' review...I have gotten a few 'I'm confused' reviews...but I tend to think that that was my fault. 

Anyway...I think as writers...a thick skin is a necessary precondition.  When I get that 'eventual' nasty; however, I like to think that I will show as much dignity and decorum as one can from a fetal position...questioning my self worth...yada-yada...

Welcome to Hubpages!

4. cyberwriter profile image69
    cyberwriterposted 6 years ago

No, i am not affected at all. besides, bad reviews are rare, if someone thinks ur work is not good enough, they wouldn't bother to leave reviews.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

not in the least. i don't care what others think unless they are personal friends or members of my family which none of are on this site.

6. whoisbid profile image77
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I wish moderators would give reviews about questions I ask because almost half of them get deleted recently but I am a good question person because I just got an award for having 500 answers. I think that there is something wrong here and sooner or later it will be discovered. Truth always comes out in the end and people doing wrong get clumsy eventually .. and caught!

7. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

I would like to think that most people are good hearted, and when they say anything negative, they are attempting to provide constructive criticism.  Read what they say, if you agree, you can use it to fix something. If you don't agree, it might simply be an alternate opinion, and I would publish it.  If it is really nasty, or negativity for the sake of negativity, I would delete the comment and not publish it.

8. smcopywrite profile image27
    smcopywriteposted 6 years ago

i think this comes with the territory. there are some folks out there that dont remember the old saying of not saying anything if you cannot say something nice. i believe at some level we are all affected. dont allow it to deter you is the way to go. continue to write and dont give it up.

9. nemanjaboskov profile image74
    nemanjaboskovposted 6 years ago

Well,  kingphilipIV, this is a great question...
    Even though the chances are that most of us will say that we don't care, we actually do care... Feedback is something we all crave - otherwise we would be writing all of our thoughts on pieces of paper and throwing them in the air, for the wind to take them far, far away smile
    We don't do this, but rather publish our works and thoughts here on HP, and we all hope that people will like what we write.
    Therefore, I am affected by, as you cleverly said, nasty reviews, but I tend not to pay too much attention. Whatever we write, we find it logical, good, practical, brilliant or anything else, and we should embrace the feedback we get from honest and friendly Hubbers.
    As far as those Hubbers who tend to be nasty are concerned, you should take the high road and answer them like they said the most beautiful thing to you smile That will make them even more angry and bitter than they clearly were when they wrote the comment and that will also make you a bigger person, so to speak...
    Anyway, welcome to HubPages and I wish you many good and un-nasty reviews smile

working