jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why would someone would send Fan Mail to a Hubber that didn't comment upon the H

1. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

Why would someone would send Fan Mail to a Hubber that didn't comment upon the Hubber's writing?

I received Fan Mail that wasn't a comment upon something I had written. I don't understand why someone would send me Fan Mail that basically said "Hello. Nice to meet you."

2. litsabd profile image74
    litsabdposted 6 years ago

i have sent a lot of fan mails to people that are not my "followers". Respect is something you gain through your work and your life. Some profiles just make you feel that you are dealing with a person worthy of respect.

3. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

You can't be sure that they haven't read your work. There are some people that aren't regular commenters, they read but don't leave a comment.

On the other hand, there are those hubbers who will send fan mail to get attention. Their fan mail shows up on your profile page so that is instant exposure. Another may want you to follow them back and send them a fan mail too. So the reasons can be varied.

You can deny a fan mail by leaving it unchecked.

4. Steve Orion profile image79
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

Indeed, as previous answers have stated, there is exposure to gain by following someone who is popular but you don't necessarily know. Best advice, if you're sure this is the case, is to deny.

5. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

I'm commenting upon the three answers I received to my question.

Thanks for responding.

I have an intuitive feeling that the person who sent me the Fan Mail did so to boost his "numbers."

Do I approve the Fan Mail, thereby raising my Fan Mail count, even though I don't agree with the writer's reasons for sending the Fan Mail to me?

6. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 6 years ago

There are no "rules" about what people have to say in a fan mail.  The idea that fan mail must be commentary about your writing, or that it it supposed to be anything specific, is just your own perception.

7. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

When I receive a comment from someone, or see them in the forums or the answer sections, sometimes I go to their profile.

If I see that they have a lot of hubs that might be of interest to me, I follow them.  When following, there is an option to send fan mail right away.  Since it will show up on their profile anyway, I will post fan mail, mostly to say hello and tell them they have interesting topics. The fan mail is not to tell them they are wonderful - just to let them know why I want to follow them. It is too hard to remember later to send a fan mail, so I do it up front. It seems stalkish to follow someone without telling them who you are, or why you want to follow them.

Then I go on to read their hubs.  Sometimes I comment on hubs, sometimes I don't, depending on how busy I am, and depends on if I can think of something to say about the hub.

8. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

sometimes, hubbers send fan mail after reading and liking a hub and sometimes just to get followers.

9. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

I had that same question and wrote an entire hub about it.  Read it here:  http://faceless39.hubpages.com/hub/Leav … e-Creative

working