jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do your fiction hubs get much traffic?

1. sasanqua profile image80
    sasanquaposted 6 years ago

Do your fiction hubs get much traffic?

Or are your non-fiction ones more popular?

2. Oldschoolfitness profile image41
    Oldschoolfitnessposted 6 years ago

not sure of the difference? I get a little traffic from time to time.. but that is about it..

thanks

3. AnnNoE profile image60
    AnnNoEposted 6 years ago

I believe that with proper promotion they should do equally well. I hope my experience proves that out.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

Non-fiction gets more traffic. You could get steady traffic to fiction if you work hard to promote it, but non-fiction has the ability to promote itself, if it's a popular subject. The biggest hindrance to fiction is that no one can discover it on search results. They would have to know your user name, the title, or a quote from the story in order to reach your hub, but since it's an original work, such a thing is next to impossible without a lot of work on your part.

5. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 6 years ago

Non-fiction is definitely more popular. People can search for non-fiction topics.

6. cashloanme profile image32
    cashloanmeposted 6 years ago

Probably doesn't matter. I think whatever you have passion for and want to write about is the way to go. Whether you are promoting yourself, a business or just trying to help people understand something have fun with it!

7. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

My fiction hubs don't get nearly as much internal (or external) traffic as I would like. I don't think most of the hubbers who allegedly 'follow' me even know that I dabble in fiction since most of my writing is about what you might call 'political economy.'

working