jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does it happen to you? Am I forgetful?

1. Jyoti Patil profile image64
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

Does it happen to you? Am I forgetful?

While answering on Hubpages, I read the question but I more often forget to read the description. Initially this used to happen a lot, but now I have paid more attention to the description.

2. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

I think this has more to do with lack of attention than forgetfulness. If we pay more atttion to what we see, hear,read, write and speak we would be much better off.

3. sweetzara profile image79
    sweetzaraposted 6 years ago

Thankfully I'm not forgetful at all. In fact I tend to remember even tiny and trivial things that perhaps I should just forget.

4. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

Yes indeed, I tend to forget a great deal of things these days, but I've gotten much better since the time I were a young child.  Many years ago as a kid I would forget the simplest things and mostly forgetting peoples names. 

I'm not sure why I had such difficulty, but it may have been due to the fact that I use to think way to much.  Ever since I learned about meditation, I've been able to free up a great deal of memory space I guess, allowing for me to store huge amounts of info without forgetting things entirely.  I still have issues with peoples names though, which is odd but its true.

Nice Question!

5. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

My brain gets tired at times - even when I read the description sometimes I still forget and have to go back and re-read it!!! I usually go and get a good mug of coffee and that usually helps what brain cells I have left to get going!!

6. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

I agree with Rajan Jolly. It's more of a lack of attention and focus rather than lack of memory. Sometimes we just need to slow down, focus on exactly what we are about to do and we will get it right. In most cases we are focused elsewhere or are anxious to get right in there and lose our focus.