Where is Brenda Scully?!

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (52 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

WHERE IS BRENDA SCULLY?! sad sad sad

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WHAT!!! she was here this am?
      what are you talking about?

2. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

I noticed she has deleted her account! sad She stated such in another thread. Hopefully she will come back soon! She is an awesome person and I miss her.

1. profile image0

WHAT!!!!!???????
      I missed that thread?
      I am soooooo sad....what?
      Oh, I so hope your out there Brenda..I hope you can read this and know, we all want you to be al right?
      PLEASE.... you can email me ok? Maybe its just a internet problem? Maybe something happend, and you cant be here right now, so if you can read this Brenda, thank you. Thank you so much for all you've said and how youve helped me.
      You will be in my thoughts. You are a good person, and we love you.

3. shamelabboush profile image46
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

she was here a while ago???? Did she delete her account?

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
      I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, she is gone...

1. shamelabboush profile image46
        shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Holly cow? Why is that??? So sad we're losing nice people...

4. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Very wierd
    The UK peeps are going AWOL !

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BC and Brenda both reside in Ireland. BC would probably shout 'Oi! I'm Irish dontcha know?!'.

I should imagine Brenda is feeling a little mollified and upset with herself. She has a huge heart and after reading some of what occurred during the night, she may feel she pushed BC.

She won't have. BC is a tough bas***d and would hate to think anyone thought he was a softy. He's sensitive but he's no pushover either.

Don't worry too much guys. Things will come out in the wash, They're both adults and once they've thought things through, they'll be fine. And those that truly care, drop them a line. They have inboxes smile

1. profile image0

exactly perfectly put!!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image76
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oops my bad mentally I lump Ireland in with Wales and Scotland hence my use of U.K (actually isnt Northern Ireland part of the UK?) anyway not the point , just didnt see what all the fuss was about.
        As Far as I can tell no ones missing , just not in hubpages

So dramatic lol

3. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
        Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  5. Eaglekiwi profile image76

My guess is Brenda will come back under another name smile

1. profile image0

oh I hope so. Even if I never know her again, I hope she gets to read this stuff and know people care....

6. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61

I think she will be back as well! big_smile   Yet in the meantime...
    Brenda, I hope everything is ok with you...please feel free to email me if you want.... and please let me know who you are when you come back..pretty please   smile

7. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

Brenda, you should email hubpages to give you back your original account. I'm fairly convinced they would.

Please, come back!

1. profile image0

its easy to make a new accoutnt as well...I know
      Im waiting for my email account to load, then I am sending her a message..
      someone mentioned she said she was leaving earlier? does this have anything to do with the mysterious BC event she mentioned?
      or perhaos its religious? She was one of those rare gems of religous people who did not shove it down your throat. BUT, I happen to know a little something about her religion, and maybe its why she left?

8. Sufidreamer profile image77
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Likewise - I hope that she will be back spreading her wonderful poetry. Hopefully it is Hub Fatigue and she will return after a break.

9. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

Brenda Scully, Poetress, Muse
    First hubber I met on this screen
    Sun of a greenhouse our eyes peruse
    Shine back, turn our leaves from yellow to green

10. futurenetads profile image61
    futurenetadsposted 14 years ago

So sad , she is  very good writer .I hope she will come back.

11. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

she commented on one of my hubs this morning, and she is gone?
    what?
    dori

12. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

What?!? Brenda has gone????

That is very sad news, who is going to love me now?

On a serious note, are we talking about that little tiff? The one mainly involving Brenda, BadCo, Colebabie and Me?

If so, surely that was just a minor thing? Hope Brenda is ok.

1. profile image0
      Miss Takeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

she loves you forever..... she's having difficulties of her own

13. Raven King profile image59
    Raven Kingposted 14 years ago

She really is gone. I can't believe it. I hope is doing fine.

14. LiamBean profile image80
    LiamBeanposted 14 years ago

I thought she was the gal from the X-Files.

<Ducking and running>

Seriously though...she'll be back.

15. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Oh, no.  I can't imagine she's gone forever, though.  Maybe she just needs a little break.  I know I've needed one here and there.  She still has her account though, right?  Didn't she just take down her picture and hubs?

Oops, never mind.  Just checked and indeed, her account is gone.  sad  I wonder why.  The forums were a little obnoxious yesterday though.  One thread in particular.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which thread is everybody talking about? I will be straight to the point, is it the one where HealthTips.... AKA BadCo, was being nasty to Colebabie.... which I also posted on.... or was it the one that followed?

1. profile image0

again, I may be being ridicoulus. BUT...I have been lucky enough to share some emails with her, here and there
        She IS a genuinely good person, but she doesnt know it always. I know, trust me.
        I am super sorry if I am being stupid here, but no one has answered me so far.
        Has anyone emailed her?

1. Jess Killmenow profile image59
          Jess Killmenowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For all we have gone back and forth, I don't think I have ever emailed her.  sad

16. profile image0

ryankett, you are a good kid.
    I'd like to know what your university studies are about.

BadCo or whatever alias he responds to is a moron.
    It is indeed regretfull that mature people like those present at that forum react so skin-near to the childish provocations I've read (thanks to your links).
    I have noticed he is often aggressive.
    Maybe he is convinced that that is a "style".
    Maybe he was full of guiness that evening.

1. profile image0

oh no
      Here I go
      Badco is not a "moron"
      The whole thing is so blown up by now. everyone is sticking thier faces in and they dont even know...
      Its all going to be fine. Wait and see.
      BadCo is just a human, with faults. liek everyone else. Hes big enough to admit these faults, and apologize, and I still really dont think that whole thing is the entire reason she left.
      Do you see? That by throwing the word moron around, your no different?
      Really, peopel, who cares what the fault is?
      A truly kind and caring genuine human has clearly had a bad day. Lets not point fingers and if you actually care...do something helpful.

17. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I like Brenda, she should come back.

18. profile image0

I agree with you, rednckwmn.
    I'm may be a moron by saying so about someone else.
    It's the price I pay for that.
    Women often talk sense.
    But raw aggressiveness when you're fourty or more, is just unacceptable.

19. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61

Can I just say, so everyone gives this a "REST"!!! Brenda had already attempted to close her account last week and we talked and she had changed her mind I thought and sent a counter email to keep it.
    I was party to the event in question on Monday and I do not believe her leaving her account was due to Badco... "Alright"!!!
    Badco knows how I feel about the raptures on the forums and I as Brenda still care a great deal for him and love his great personality.

Please GIVE THIS A REST!!!

Here I am gazing the freakin' new accounts looking for someone that could be her.. I am so crushed that she left, but it is not Badco's fault (( I seriously believe ))

Ciao...

20. Eaglekiwi profile image76

Invictus while I dont doubt for s second your hearts in the right place, it is a forum and on a forum people talk...sometimes they make sense ,sometimes they rant n rave , occassionally they talk bulllshit .

I dont mean to, but I fall under all of those labels(and Im past 40 ,lol)

I understand you feel attached or close to Brenda ( I think shes lovely too) but shes an adult surely, and at times taken part in the very same kinda threads.

Its just part n parcel of another creative side of humans smile

Thats all Ive got to say about that.

EK...Believe me, I am not meaning to bark at people for talking, yet I know Brenda had other reasons to leave the "said" account. I am so fine with people's opinions and I needed some time to cool off as well. I beieve more so than Brenda.

I just wanted to bring some clarity to this and I know I used "loud" words.

There is not need to blame here...

Brenda, had sent in to close her account without any hubber reasons last week...

I am sorry if I came off attacking...I have no one to attack, nor reason..I am just crushed because she and I had a great connection on here...VERY UNIQUE... sad

Say all you all want, yet I am sure Brenda would be so upset to here everyone blaming Badco for her leaving, OK??

smile

21. Eaglekiwi profile image76

I understand , but cant you reconnect via email ? Im sorry if she doesnt reply ,but she has a kind heart , so I dont doubt she would ignore you on purpose.

Big hugsss to ya , everything will be alright -youll see smile

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj38/karenhere_2008/Hugs/HugsAndKisses.gif

When life sends a lemon -makes lemonade smile

Thank you very much EK! {{big hugs  xx}}

The thing is I do not have her email and her account is closed. We had little hangouts to talk on hubs or the 'steak seasoning' thread..LOL  (no one knew that was an inside joke) lol

I so hope she is well and will contact me ....or just bloody open a new account already... big_smile

Your thoughtfulness and sweetness are greatly appreciated..

It has been a while since I have cried until today...ya, I know...BIG BABY! hmm

1. profile image0

i am eating steak with seasoning on now don't cry i will be back soon

22. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... big_smile

1. profile image0

it's your fault not b.c's tell them that.....

OK...IT's ALL MY FAULT FOR BRENDA LEAVING, OK! hmm

1. profile image0

you rotten man........ she is fine honestly

1. Jess Killmenow profile image59
            Jess Killmenowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is, of course, wonderful to have this assurance smile

23. profile image0

hello !

hello ! big_smile

24. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I think we just heard from Brenda? hmmm

25. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61

big_smile

26. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Can I buy a vowel? I'd like to buy an 'O' as in confusion ...

I didn't know Brenda very well, but I knew enough about her to not want to see her go, and to respect her wishes if she felt the need to depart.

As for me ... I'll go kickin' and screamin' when my time comes, as I came here to kick arse and chew bubble gum ... and I'm all out of bubble gum. smile

1. shibashake profile image83
      shibashakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you on the confusion.

As with kickin arse - it's a smelly business wink

2. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61

Hmmmmm....guess you be chewing some fat...ha ha ha lol

1. yoshi97 profile image56
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)