Thank goodness, it's Friday!

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (37 posts)
  1. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Although we were just told that there's a 14-hour brown-out tomorrow sad. So no hubpages tomorrow sad

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh dear God, emie!  Way to break it to us lightly.  Just kidding.  I seem to have missed that information.  From when to when?

emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, no not there. Here in the Philippines, in our city. Sorry if I scared you. smile

2. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

You'll survive emie ... honest. There was life before hp tongue

emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, good thing I bought some novels. Will get to read them all by tomorrow smile.

3. hinckles koma profile image61
    hinckles komaposted 14 years ago

yea!! but hub pages are so addicting i dont want to miss a thing. Why 14 hours what are they doing?

4. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I turned Thursday into my Friday this week.  Sometimes a person just needs two Fridays (or would that be two Saturdays? )   smile

5. WeddingConsultant profile image68
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

Yes, it IS Friday! Loving the upcoming weekend...

Here in the US we have Columbus Day, so we even get Monday off.

6. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Yes, Friday. Thankful indeed.

Unloaded about 4 years of troubles, bad relationships, and odds and ends from my house and life the last two days. I don't know whether to jump for joy or hang my head and cry.

I think next Friday I'm going to have a "finally free" party. And then plan a get away somewhere.

How can it feel so good and so sad all at once?

Sorry guys, don't know what to do with all this. But nonetheless, I'm glad it's Friday. Emie, plan today for your brownout. Do something wonderful and then tell us about it. I would so LOVE that.
    smile

7. Lisa HW profile image61

Daniel, it sounds like you just graduated from college in October.  lol  (Sorry, I know it's really something else, but I couldn't resist making a joke.  It's Friday, after all.)

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

College. Wow. That was a LONG time ago. I'm now in my 50's two grown kids.
      Thanks for the fun memories, anyway...

8. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Yeah now if only it were 5 oclock!!! I need a drink!

9. Helen Cater profile image59
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

It's Friday and the VODKAS has come out. A rare thing for me to have a drink and cheers to all on here. Off to an Ann Summers party soon and just hanging while I'm waiting for a lift. Hope everyone has a fab night where ever you are.

10. Lisa HW profile image61

Helen, Parties.....    Hmmmmm.....   I think I vaguely remember what it's like to go to a party....    (Note to self:  Remember to either have, or go to, a party again sometimes before you die.   lol  )

Daniel, "four years of troubles and bad relationships" sounds like college to me.  smile

1. Helen Cater profile image59
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too and it isn't you average party it is to encourage eduction in sex....I think or maybe it is to flog me everything related to sex..Am I allowed to say that word..SEX.

11. myownworld profile image75
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

Friday...yay! but what is this about hub pages taking tmrw off? How will we survive....they can't do this to us....!! yikes

12. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Yes Helen, you can say SEX, so educate me on it hmmmm?

13. myownworld profile image75

oh yes..friday AND sex....life couldn't be better.... wink

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good to me!

1. myownworld profile image75
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ah...the joys of cyber fantasy......  nothing beats it! smile

1. profile image0

Well except for the real thing, but we're just go ahead and leave that alone

big_smile now don't u get me started on that......(might get banned in here)..but well...this is the closest we have to it for the time....so take heart dear skull....

1. profile image0

Aww..the fear of getting banned....That is why I left that one alone.  So I will agree, Nothing beats it!

yeah...u meet someone for lunch one day....then next day for drinks...and what do u know the third time u're in bed! it's that quick..and easy....and all for free too!

1. profile image0

I crazy how it all plays out.  I mean I never had to leave my chair!

lol

14. myownworld profile image75

hmmm...no hope! hmm

1. profile image0

Hmmm....We still have the forums...

yeah...with the imminent threat of a ban...kind a limiting, don't u think? but what the hell, better than nothing! wink

1. profile image0

You got it, besides everything is better with the element of danger

LOL...who knew the ban actually works in our favour....adds to the thrill...! hmm...we must clamour for more....sparks everywhere then...

1. profile image0

I'm talking about using a flame thrower

ooh...sounds good....anyway, have to go now...(real life!!)..have a good weekend...dream..and talk soon!

1. profile image0

You got it, and you have a great weekend too!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)