O. k What should come first? Animals or Humans or....

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (35 posts)
  1. starme77 profile image79
    starme77posted 14 years ago

are they equal? - just wondering.. I have a poll on one of my hubbs about this  and  response there has been interesting so I thought i would ask here in the forums - not trying to get traffic - but it has turned out to be a rather unique question..so...whatdaya think?

1. love my yorkies profile image60
      love my yorkiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

equal in what ways?  First in what context?  Each species has pros and cons.  Don't think you can truely compare?

2. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Humans!

starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

my thoughts exactly

3. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I say humans...

4. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Humans are animals so I vote for the animals. wink

1. dyonder profile image73
      dyonderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bravo; I concur and agree

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like that answer!

My cat is family too.

5. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

As much as I love my pets and animals, humans should always come first. If you can't afford to feed, cloth, and house yourself, then you really can't afford a pet.

Now, I have met some people who have sold their houses in order to afford cancer treatments for their dogs, but I don't think that's how it really should be. You should put yourself first.

Again, I'm a big animal lover, and I've done a lot for my dog, especially after she was diagnosed for cancer. I just don't think I could do sell my house, no matter how much I love my dogs.

6. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Humans obviously - but I once spent a whole lot of money saving my cat. And I was pretty cheesed off every time someone said 'are you mental - it's just a cat. Get another one' hmm

1. Wonder_Woman profile image58
      Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AWW :S I adore adore adore my cats. big mama (the eldest cat I have) she is the QUEEN. if she is sleeping on my blanket i dont bother to move her lol even if im cold, we help her up and down the stairs, we even have her own messager... i know its silly but shes been with my family for 12 years of course we love her. if she would be sick... i would do anything in my power to help. Pets are family.

2. Whitney05 profile image84
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My family and I were told the same thing with MIA.

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Folks should keep such opinions to themselves. Your money's your own. I wasn't worsening anyone's life by saving Sully. I was ceratinly making mine better by saving his. And I'd do it again if need be.

And when i get my new cat, I'll have a savings account with money in it, just in case.

I take it your dog is still with you? Albeit on treatment? Kudos for standing by your principles - and your dog.

To you too WW - pets are family smile

1. Wonder_Woman profile image58
          Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I'll have a savings account with money in it, just in case" That is so cute... but its true pets get sick and its your responsibility to take care of them. it is expensive but, their your babies... do you have a pic of sully?

7. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

I believe it is a general instinct among all animals to give higher priority to members of their own species. I don't think we should do any different there.

Yup! That is a great way to put it and I totally agree smile

8. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Animals, I would say. We were blessed with evolution and with that we can do whatever we want with it. It seems like we evolved to not only better our own lives, but to be protectors of the animals who often wouldn't be able to protect themselves against things like extinction. Sadly, some do nothing but hurt the animals which we have risen from.

~thranax~

Awwww no thranax - you said the E word. Would you Adam and Eve it .... *gulps*

Someone will be along to tell you/me/everyone different wink

9. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

Humans first, I eat animals.  Yummy.

10. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

All life is equal.  And every animal, including humans, prefer to save their own to preserve their existence.

11. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I do. I have many. I wrote a hub about him. It will be a love affair until one of us shuffles off our mortal coil. Unfortunately he's in the UK and I'm in Portugal.

I was going to bring him over but - the injury he sustained was after I'd moved, and Sully kept trying to find his way back to where we previously lived. I daren't bring him 1200 miles.

But the good news is I'm going to be seeing him in two weeks big_smile Plus I get photos of him from back home (and shurrup anyone who thinks that's sad - I don't care, I adore him) ...

Sully
    http://z.hubpages.com/u/1172162_f496.jpg

12. profile image48
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Stupid question if you ask me !

Ouch pgrundy! And double ouch at the fact you don't have the money to pay to find out. Rest, anti-inflammatories and you know - if you start to find breathing becomes real hard, you should get checked out no matter what. It can mean it's a bad fracture and your lung is also injured. Take care - seriously!

1. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks fd. smile That's what I found online too--just take it easy and if breathing gets bad get help. So I've been reading all day.

I do love my dog. But God he's big and heavy.

Then you found great info. Too many falls from horses and a few kickings in my youth - never actually had one but that's what they (medics) always expected to find. They like to share details I don't always like hearing.

Anyway I text my sister to be sure smile

2. starme77 profile image79

Maybe.. but it seems to me to be a hell of alot more interesting of a debate than the religous crap -

1. profile image48
        HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fair point !

2. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, are saying Dog does not exist????

I represent that! lol

1. profile image48
          HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohhhhh Grundy is on her game tonight smile

13. profile image50
    Thirteenposted 14 years ago

Not stupid, just obvious to any mere mortal.

14. profile image49
    Samone717posted 14 years ago

Absolutely.ANIMALS! they were here first, they'll be here last smile

15. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I'm with the 'humans are animals' folks. smile

My dog jumped on top of me yesterday and bruised my rib though. Or fractured it. I don't know because I can't really afford to find out, but I looked it up online and they don't do anything anyway except charge you for an x-ray.

It hurts like a futhermucker. Hurts to move, hurts to breathe.

Man's best friend my ass.

16. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

love animals, love humans but prefer some animals to humans, they have more compassion and depth. smile  smiley, smiley

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i feel this way too. plus they make you smile all the time. my little bunny makes me smile and feel happy and warm and fuzzy. smile

17. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Animals are more loving usually. Humans are more wary about that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)