jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are there rude people on Hubpages?

1. susahnagrande profile image59
    susahnagrandeposted 5 years ago

Are there rude people on Hubpages?

I have had wonderful comments from very nice people. I was just wondering has anyone experienced a rude person?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Absolutely.

Hubpages.com has yet to implement an effective rudeness screening filter for new user registration.

You will especially note the presence of rude HP users right here in the Q and A section - where you can ask the question, this is your question, you know?

It doesn't matter.

I've asked questions here, and I always vote up the answers someone gives unless they just seem profoundly poor...but people will come in here and vote down the most perfect answers to anything because they are intellectually poor, rude, and enjoy the safety of being out of range.

This is your question.  I don't care if the person who asks the question votes my answer down...it is THEIRS in my mind.

I HATE the morons that vote down the very well thought out answers on the questions that I have asked.  I literally worry that people will think that I voted their answer down when it was some control deprived fool that ought to be doing something else that did it.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I haven't personally but I have read comments and seen it in the forums. I go to the forums in hopes of posting and find the behavior there barbaric. I've seen both rudeness and a great deal of arrogance.

4. Kyricus profile image61
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

You haven't visited the forums have you?

Actually, they are no different than most other forums other than the writing is a bit better. Everyone has an opinion and everyone is sure that theirs is the right opinion. smile

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i'm probably considered to be rude on here once in a while. i find people on here are either afraid to be honest or just too nice, which i am neither. ask a question, i give you an honest answer and i promise i'm rarely politically correct.nothing bothers me more then someone who takes the time to answer a question but tries to sugar coat it. if you're going to comment, say what you think.

6. Digitskyes profile image75
    Digitskyesposted 5 years ago

What a stupid question!

Hehe tongue Just kidding big_smile
    I'm sure there are but my experience of the community here has been really positive so far.

7. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I've had no rude comments on my hubs and I had one a while ago on a question that I asked  - but I responed in kind and had no further problems with the 'rude' person afterwards. I don't think there are many rude people on HP but you do get some. I don't think there's any need for rudeness, folks should be adult and well mannered enough to respond to a question, even if they don't agree, without being offensive or rude.

working