jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is transferring questions to subdomains a bad thing?

1. Khal Blogo profile image62
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

Is transferring questions to subdomains a bad thing?

Since you can do this, I see so many people just putting endless streams of questions, a lot more than before. I think this is harming for people who actually have something they want to find out. Am I wrong?

2. donnaisabella profile image79
    donnaisabellaposted 5 years ago

you are so right. I used to enjoy the questions and answer section so much because it was fun asking questions that were logical for which people needed answers and we could interact. Now, the competition is on and people have to be competitive to earn some money, it just makes the whole exercise so superficial. I will not be surprised if one day the very purpose meant to motivate people works against them.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

You're not wrong, but I really can't see the point of asking silly questions. I can't believe anyone is really going to make money by doing that. I did ask more questions during the contest, I tried to focus on questions I thought would make good hubs.

4. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

At one time, I thought this was a bad idea. But, now when I see how many people are attracted to the questions, silly or not, it now seems like a good idea. Sometimes, the questions that we think are silly are questions other people are actually thinking about and for them, it is fun to read what other people think. There were times when I thought a question was so silly no one would possibly answer it. Then, out of curiosity I visited the question and found some very interesting answers. It was fun! Plus, I learned a thing or two.