jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What was your main reason for joining HubPages (earn money, fine-tune writing sk

1. HawaiiHeart profile image74
    HawaiiHeartposted 5 years ago

What was your main reason for joining HubPages (earn money, fine-tune writing skills, etc.)?

2. pstraubie48 profile image88
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

I joined Hubpages because there is a writer within me that has been waiting to emerge for many years. I was so busy with other things that I never took time to write. Now, I can write and publish and have access so to many interesting things to read and learn from...

3. peoplepower73 profile image93
    peoplepower73posted 5 years ago

I had posted many videos on you tube when google asked me to become an affiliate on your tube. So I was already earning some money through that channel. At some point I  googled how can  I earn more money. One of the sites was hub pages, so I went there. 

I immedialtly fell in love with the capsule methodology.  I grew up as a technical writer, starting with PageMaker version 1. So I really liked this method of publishing articles. I've been with hub pages for about four months and have published 21 hubs.

I do it mainly to share with people what I have learned and what I am still learining about life, I also like the interchange of ideas from other hubbers and the comradery of fans.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I joined Hubpages.com because I was in love with writing on the web.  I had some sort of overwhelming need to express myself, and I loved writing on the web because I felt like I could literally talk to the entire world.

I had been blogging on Myspace, and when their site started to die - someone told me that Hubpages.com was where I should be at, and that it was the best single place to write on the web because it was a very helpful community.

I was also told that it was just dumb to be doing what I already did - without the possibility of making a dime, and also because other persons were making money off of my own writing.

I'm very glad that I listened, and only regret that I didn't start writing on Hubpages sooner!

5. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I used to be interested in writing when I was in school. I found myself at home with a broken foot and was laid off from my job of 14 years. I was poking around the internet and had started a blog. HubPages offered something my blog didn't have, a built in audience and community. I put off joining until I had a couple of hubs written and ready to go. I'd noticed that a lot of people join and never write anything, I didn't want to be one of them. So mostly, it gave me something to focus on and I figured I'd see where it went.

6. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I joined to improve my writing skills, wanted to be part of an interactive community online and I just love to learn through reading. It is fun and the money is another side benefit for me.

7. L a d y f a c e profile image78
    L a d y f a c eposted 5 years ago

I joined HubPages because I had so much going on inside me, and writing it in word docs and saving it to my hard drive just wasn't cutting it. I needed to find people who I could relate to... gain knowledge of my problems from, and possibly even grow with. I wasn't (and still am not) ready to expose myself to my friends and family (my 2 closest friends and mom excluded) ... but on here I am anonymous. I can open myself up, be completely candid, and I don't worry about what others will think of me, or how they'll talk about me to others..

Really.. this began as a safe haven.

8. Vegas Elias profile image29
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

I joined HubPages not so much for earning money but for fine-tuning my writing skills. After joining I have found that articles posted on HubPages are very informative and sincere. It has really enriched my life in the last two months.

9. leenamartha profile image39
    leenamarthaposted 5 years ago

I joined HubPages to gain extra knowledge which would be very helpful for me in my life.

10. Escobana profile image75
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

I mainly joined because I thought it could be fun. Writing and adding all the different capsules makes a Hub almost like a painting. There's a lot of creativity involved.

Next to the fun I hoped I would get some followers and comments. I was overwhelmed. Not by the amount of followers but by the wonderful comments most of my Hubs got.

Another thing I really enjoy. I am Dutch. Writing in English and creating quality content is an extra challenge to me. I'm sure I can still improve a lot.

Moneywise I was only hoping for a little. And little I get:-) The appreciation though is priceless!

11. Easwara Moorthy profile image57
    Easwara Moorthyposted 5 years ago

i joined because i like writing a lot and also gaining knowledge out of it was a great deal.

12. sgbrown profile image97
    sgbrownposted 5 years ago

I actually was told by a friend to start writing on HubPages to promote my photography website. I have become totally hooked on writing here and am enjoying learning so many new things. My photography website has taken a "back burner" to my writing here on HubPages. I didn't know how much I enjoyed writing until I started here, now I am addicted! I can share my photography and write at the same time, plus make a little extra money. I really enjoy the people here and am impressed with the kindness and comradery here, who could ask for more!

13. larcaustin46 profile image86
    larcaustin46posted 5 years ago

I decided it was time to try writing as a career (something I'd always wanted to do, but didn't pursue), and stumbled onto HubPages as a great way to bring my skills up to speed while building an online portfolio (and making a little money as well!).  I really like being able to write whenever and whatever I like, knowing that there's an audience who will provide valuable feedback and encouragement.

working