What is the most over used subject on the web?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

What is the most over used subject on the web?

What subject are you absolutely sick of seeing people write about here on Hubpages.com?

There are tons of played out subjects - but which one, specifically, have you seen written about about ten dozen times too many?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6458780_f260.jpg

2. Debby Bruck profile image65
    Debby Bruckposted 12 years ago

Hi Wes. I've been away for a couple of weeks, but, I do think they've talked out religion arguments a lot last month. Hope you're doing well.

3. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 12 years ago

That's an interesting question.  Let me see - over the entire net it's get rich topics, work at home, SEO and SEO related topics, online marketing, dating.  In hubpages seo and seo related topics.  Many are almost duplicates of others.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 12 years ago

How to make money on the internet has to be number one. Of course everyone wants to know, but most are just repeating the same old stuff.

5. profile image0
    Hubert Williamsposted 12 years ago

Money making schemes. There are so many get rich articles and schemes around these days. Not just on HP, but everywhere you turn.

6. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

I agree about the SEO, especially when the person who wrote a hub about driving traffic then asks a question in the forums about how to drive traffic to their hubs.

Another one I ponder on occasionally is can there really be that many recipes in the world? Does Mama's chilli really differ that much from Granddad's chilli or Auntie Mary's chilli?

When it comes to quality, although I love reading good travel hubs (and there are some brilliant ones on HP), this is also where I seem to flag most.  Spammers, spinners and copiers really love travel articles for some reason.

7. profile image0
    Gofygureposted 12 years ago

Basically any of the high CPC niches. Fitness, internet marketing, insurance etc. Those topics have been written over again and again and again until the only original concepts are impossibly obscure.

8. The Frog Prince profile image70
    The Frog Princeposted 12 years ago

Not sure if there is such a thing on the internet.  If something is gaining the intended traffic how can I classify it as over used?

The Frog

9. cathylynn99 profile image74
    cathylynn99posted 12 years ago

it's all crazy weight loss ideas all the time. oh, yeah, the occasional "how to get abs" and other body building is in there, too.

10. fpherj48 profile image59
    fpherj48posted 12 years ago

Although I tend to read a huge variety of topics, there are a select few I will skip over due to lack of any interest at all.  RECIPES/Food hubs are my least favorite of all (the exception would be a recipe written by a "favorite" hubber)  I've been COOKING and baking for nearly 50 years AND NOT BECAUSE I ENJOY COOKING!  Any concoction I haven't made, I don't want to.  Last week there were no less than 40 RECIPE hubs on my thread.
    This same concept would go for your general "raising KIDS" hub.  Between my husband and myself, we have 12 children (that's ONE dozen) 18 grandchildren and I have a 10 month old Great-grandchild.  WHAT would you like to know about raising children?  Just ask me.
    Far too many hubs on these 2 topics IMO. Thank you for asking, Wes.

11. daskittlez69 profile image74
    daskittlez69posted 12 years ago

I would have to say weight loss schemes or make money quick schemes.  They are coming out of the woodwork.

12. Leroyworld profile image60
    Leroyworldposted 12 years ago

Recipes (I know, I write some myself.  I enjoy writing the occasional recipe.  What are you going to do about it?  Stop Reading?), and relationship advice. 

The recipes i will read - if they are interesting and well written.  I skip the relationship advice, unless it is on how to pick up women.  Those have some funny pick up lines.  I like a good laugh.

Honestly, there seem to be by far more writers than subjects, so I do not let an overworked subject stop me from writing about it.  Sometimes the rhythm of the words have more impact than the message.

13. brakel2 profile image72
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

The subjects are the writings of spammers who write about their business with username of business  with links to their business.

14. Alastar Packer profile image72
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

Green Tea immediately comes to mind. It's a great and healthy product but perhaps a bit too much coverage on the site and elsewhere.

15. Huntgoddess profile image67
    Huntgoddessposted 12 years ago

Violent crime. Vengeance, revenge. Death penalty. Charlie Manson.

16. tirelesstraveler profile image61
    tirelesstravelerposted 12 years ago

Any topic that slanders one group or worldview.

17. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
    LoisRyan13903posted 10 years ago

Personally I do not think there is overkill on any particular hub-so many topics so I don't think I will get sick of any.  The only ones I don't like are Obama Bashing ones.  And so far I have not seen many of these of HP

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)