jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Does a person's profile picture influence if you will follow them or how you thi

1. DanaTeresa profile image82
    DanaTeresaposted 6 years ago

Does a person's profile picture influence if you will follow them or how you think of them?

2. Deborah-Diane profile image83
    Deborah-Dianeposted 6 years ago

No, I have never been influenced by someone else's profile picture.  However, when people use the same one on different sites, it helps me to recognize them and know that I have already had contact with them.  That is why I use the same one on all sites.

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

A Profile photo or image doesn't not sway me either way. I follow people whose work I enjoy and comment on. I am intrigued by some avatars and will check the articles at times.

4. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

I prefer that they use a real photo of themselves to help make a better connection, but sometimes I get to know them, anyway, through their writing, and I feel like I have a sense about them. Like you, DanaTeresa! Still, it would be nice to see a picture of you!

5. THEHuG5 profile image61
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

Not really unless their profile picture makes them look like they are trying way to hard to look "cute." For example -- somebody making duck faces at the camera, showing their abs...

It's kind of a turn off and it makes me take them a lot less serious.

6. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 6 years ago

Sometimes it does, for example I am well aware that my follower list will probably be cut by a fourth simply because i use this kitty as my avatar. But I like it so I'm not likely to change it even though it would probably work to my favor.

7. mary615 profile image91
    mary615posted 6 years ago

Definitely!  If I see a profile photo that I think is distasteful or crude, I will NOT follow them.  I prefer seeing a photo of the person themselves.

8. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, not at all.  I like to follow people whose writing style I enjoy and want to read more of.

9. heavenbound5511 profile image78
    heavenbound5511posted 6 years ago

No this doesn't determine if I will follow them or not. I follow people for many reasons, there material, because I want them to read my stuff, & or also to show support of what they share-even if I can't keep up with all the people that I follow.

There picture does still speak volumes in some cases but oh well it's just a picture.Like some of my profile pictures have been misunderstood but I don't worry about it.

10. jaswinder64 profile image61
    jaswinder64posted 6 years ago

No. Absolutely not, I have never been influenced by someone' profile picture. When I see an e-mail in my mail, then I open it and see whether is there any  new published  article? if  there is any, I read it and if I  enjoyed reading the article, then I comment on that article and follow that person too, doen't matter who is he or she?

11. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

I have allowed myself to be swayed by that a time or two. The picture was obviously satanic and I am a Christian. Another time it was a swastika. Big no no.

12. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 6 years ago

I hope not! I spent 56 years making myself look like this. (actually 8 ) It's about time someone asked about me. Read my profile. Hagred says, " you are all beautiful!"

working