jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

I can't walk!

1. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago

Dear all who have clicked on this forum...

I'm bored so I thought I would share my pain with you.

I've been on a fencing course for the past two days - woke up today and had to roll myself out of bed. My legs are so sore! Fat people were not designed to do so much exercise.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a better week than I am.

Love and peace,

Luke.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

that must be painful....oh you need a massage in the feet, just go on walking, if you just sit down and rest it might become more sore....i know Thai massage...

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

CHEER UP !

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 7 years agoin reply to this

---I agree, cheer up, and do something pleasant for yourself to distruct you from pain and it will go away in no time!

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

awww.  sad Youll get better!! Do some gentle stretching and try having a glass of milk. Whatever you do, dont just sit around, it will make it worse!!! Sore muscles suck, but it means they are getting stronger too, if you just dont quit!!
    Hope you feel better fast.

4. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

I bet you hurt in places you didn't know you had muscles.

1. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I just thought they were lumps of fat =P

I was meant to be fencing today as well but had to take the day out. I'll be back there tomorrow.

On the massage note they hired a messeus for the course. I had a leg massage yesterday but decided that since I couldn't physically get up this morning then having one today is out of the question.

I shall do some gentle stretching at home then...

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
        prettydarkhorseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

yes, you cant have massage in succession, just rest then..

2. profile image0
        Maximus591posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Are you a beginner fencer?

A foil, epee or sabre man?

If you're fat and unfit, then you're well and truly buggered.   Fencing is not a sport for chubbies. smile

It's likely your thigh muscles will need 3/4 days to recover. I wouldn't do any intense exercise in the meantime. But don't sit around doing nothing. Gentle walks, some stretching will help. But the burn in your legs and the stiffness you're feeling is a good sign! It shows you've given those chubby thighs the workout of their lives! They will thank-you in the long run. 

lol

1. profile image0

Haha, thanks, I love the way you worded that. I did it for a year about four years ago but have only got back into it recently. Sabre is my weapon - I don't like the poking ones.

Yes, I am a chubbster - that is why I took up fencing. I'm top of my school class because I have very fast reflexes so the actual fencing isn't the issue. The issue is that I can't handle five hours of circuits and sprints before hand...

Mind you, I'm not the only one suffering - fit people are as well.

1. profile image0
          2. profile image0

Oh, but I love to poke!

I just can't get enough of poking. I can poke all day.

With my foil of course.  smile

Sabre is dynamic but fairly repetiive. It's brutal on the legs and whats all that leaping in the air all about?  Not the fleche I mean...but the two foot airborne leaps as your opponent retreats. Can't be easy to execute if you're a chubbster.  smile

5. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Fencing Eh? hmm
    How many miles did you lay?
    And you've given up in pain after 2 Days?

Down here the girls have to fence 100 miles of No8 wire in 2 days to show their worth on the farm?
    And they never complain! lol

1. profile image0

I'm not giving up...
      I'm going back tomorrow...

1. Pearldiver profile image85
        Pearldiverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's good.... On the third day you can learn how to use the posthole borer!
        That will tighten your butt lol
        (High Country Fencing Hint: Make sure you've got comfortable gumboots for the job.)

working