jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How do I meet the outside writing requirement for the HubPages Apprenticeship pr

1. tylermj23 profile image80
    tylermj23posted 5 years ago

How do I meet the outside writing requirement for the HubPages Apprenticeship program?

I noticed I need some outside writing source in order to qualify for the Apprentice Program like a blog or something.  I am a very well-rounded writer but I have only used HubPages to write online.  What other site do you suggest I use in order to become eligible for the Apprenticeship?

2. Eric Calderwood profile image86
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

As far as I can tell by the learning center hub I read about the program, they just want to see what kind of writing you are capable of producing.  They may also want to know that you are a productive writer and worth the time it will take to put you through an apprenticeship.  Perhaps putting links in your profile to other writing you have posted around the web will help.  I think they may also do a web search for your writing on their own.

3. inevitablesecrets profile image76
    inevitablesecretsposted 5 years ago

I put a link to my amazon author page where I have a novel published and a link to other fiction because while I don't have articals other places or a blog I at least had that.

4. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

As a member of the Apprenticeshiip Program, I perhaps have a clearer idea of what they are looking for. They want to see that you can write good online articles of a commercial (that is product, service, or business-related) idea. If you put them on HubPages, that's fine. If you also have articles elsewhere, that helps. I recommend writing some really good hubs, and also putting up a web site with some articles or offering articles anywhere online, to hedge your bets. Show them that you are good, and that you are serious about writing online to make money.

5. JakeFrost profile image61
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

I too was very concerned about this and did lots of research during my application. I only write for HubPages so was very worried.

Where the application asks for a link I just put my profile URL, I did include in my interest statement that I only write with HP and that I want to learn how to 'get' out onto the web.

I still haven't had a response, being that I only applied a few days ago, but I sure do hope it will be okay. I will be panicking for the next 4-6 weeks...

1. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jake - congratulations on taking up the courage and applying. I think they evaluate apps as they come in and select 30 each month. I got no response at all, then waited another month. I recommend writing, instead of panicking, while you wait!

2. tylermj23 profile image80
      tylermj23posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Did you end up becoming an apprentice?  I just submitted my application and I too only write for HubPages.

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image83
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

Before I joined Hub Pages, I wrote for AssociatedContnet so I put a link there.  Plus I posted a link to a blog.  When I applied I had 2-3 hubs published.  I just received an email saying that they received my application but are in the process of revamping so will review it once they are done with what they are doing.  Right now I have 16 hubs.  So now it is a waiting game.

working