jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Have you participated in the HP apprenticeship?

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Have you participated in the HP apprenticeship?

2. gabgirl12 profile image78
    gabgirl12posted 5 years ago

Not yet. But, I have been reading up on it. From what I have read it's very 'rigorous'. But it's an easier way to make money and learn at the same time. I would love to participate, but I really need to have more time. And I'm one who takes several days if not weeks just to publish one hub.

What I don't want to is to procrastinate. I think I've only been able to begin something and finish it just once. And for the most part because it was something easy for me to do, and because I loved doing it.

I don't like being reminded of 'how hard' it is going to be. Not that I always take the easy way out but ughh, come on, kep me motivated!! Don't kill the enthusiasm. This is why I've stuck to working in hospitality and have been in the customer service field and tech support. I love helping people and there is always an opportunity to spread encouragement and motivation. I'm usually very enthusiastic and I'm always looking for ways to keep things alive!

I can understand Hubpages reserve for those who are committed though. I mean wow, they are paying for it so not only are they serious for your to learn, but also serious about your success. I really want to see some success stories come from it before I apply. And even then I don't know if I will be accepted, but hey like anyone I'm curious. And hope it not only empowers and educates, but also helps those who join not only get paid by hubpages, but also enjoy the fruit of their labor from other avenues.

3. Danette Watt profile image84
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

I applied but didn't get accepted, which didn't surprise me. I wanted to participate so I could get some 1-1 tutoring and 'hand holding' on keywords and SEO. But I knew when I applied that my following and publishing record weren't strong. So...I continue to muddle along best I can and am working on publishing more often. Not sure if I'll apply again. This would have been an optimum time since I would have been not teaching for the majority of the 6 month program.

1. gabgirl12 profile image78
      gabgirl12posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow, is that what HubPages said was the reason why you didn't get accepted?

4. networmed profile image61
    networmedposted 5 years ago

No, but it's interesting, actually. I might try to apply if I have the time to write as it requires sometime, I think.