Ever been hit by a mobility scooter?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (23 posts)
  1. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Well I f***ing have, just today minding my own business and even stepped aside to let the elderly lady pass on the pavement with her mobility scooter driving at 3 miles per hour or something like that and the elderly challenged missy steered into my leg.....the cheek of it, I oughtta hunt her down as I can see her evil smile in my mind, I think I'm gonna have a nightmare and she'll be laughing damn it...evil smile......!

Damn you to Hell old lady!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL,  how could I resist such a funny thread post.  Yeah I bet that lady was laughing all the way back to her senior living quarters.  Then when the other folks asked her what she was laughing about she said, "I forgot".  lol

2. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Just went to Disney and I was hit by several strollers smile

waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Strollers I can quite forgive, but the drivers of scooters for mobility??!!!!! they is evil damn it, they laugh whilst I just stood there holding my poor leg, I think I'm gonna write a hubpage about it, get the word out on this unspeakable evil!!!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

No, but someone in a wheelchair ran over my foot once because I didn't get out of her way quickly enough. And I have mobility problems myself...

That is similar in spirit to the way I was treat and this isn't the first time, as there was once a severly disabled woman driving a self propelled wheelchair once like mad, she was crashing into to walls and people laughing her head off round town centre.....I think I've been traumatised!!!

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I bet you prompted her somehow. Were you by chance teaching people on the street how to paint a devil? wink

Yep could be, you know how them religious types get when someone doesn't want to praise jesus!!

5. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Not run over but indirectly hit. I was at our local Canadian tire store looking at new stainless steel hot cups when this 'evil' individual in a scooter lost control and rammed into the isle full force....chain reaction...the whole isle moved over a foot...the cups from the top shelf came down and I sported a couple of nifty throbbing goose eggs. I believe it was my lucky day because I could have been shopping for axes or sledge hammers.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

6. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

That's what I'm going to do when I'm retired. Senior citizens can get away with anything. I think Jacka** is a prime example of that when they dress up as old people and do obscene things. Beep Beep Motha***#*#&

Hahahaha yeah roll on 40 years and get me a mobility scooter!!

7. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I think I should start saving up for a mobility scooter now...I will need one eventually smile Then...look out!

8. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

no, but I did notice a man using one at a Walmart as he tossed a bag of half eaten grapes back into the produce section. I walked up to the woman who helps direct cumstomers, etc. and told her what I saw and that I would never buy any food at this store again and she said, 'we know it happens, but it's hard to avoid it.'  yikes:

needless to say, I never ever shop there.

9. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Hey there was an outrageous story about a lazy boy dui arrest this past week. Who would have thunk it?

10. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

Nop!  But I have been involved in a mobility scooter crash!!!
    A friend of mine was giving me a lift too my bedroom block after a party and we crashed against a tree *_*

11. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Those things are heavy buggers. I'm surprised you're not confined to having to use a mobility scooter after having been hit by a mobility scooter.

I think mobility scooter collisions is what keeps the mobility scooter industry in business.

12. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I should count myself lucky never to have been hit by a scooter, power chair or standard wheelchair.  I have encountered many of them in my line of work.

13. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Yup - by myself when I was moving it!  smile
    Seriously, if you haven't tried driving one of these things, do it some day just for fun.  They are their own challenge and I'm impressed that so many can do so well with them.  Frankly I have a harder time understanding being hit with a stroller.  That's outrageous!  A perfectly healthy adult who can't steer or properly operate a stroller?  Wouldn't you think the "precious cargo" would cause them to be even more careful?  It just seems to me to be a matter of not paying attention.

14. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Nothing is as dangerous as a senior on a mobility scooter.  Hitting you is their way of getting even with younger people for being young.

When you see a group of elderhostel members on mobility scooters, run for your life!

15. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

No I have not , but my sadistic side would love to see someone ran over by one. It's like seeing someone trip, or fall. I find it really funny. Of course if that someone was seriously hurt, it's another matter, I would of course help them, between my sniggers.

16. profile image49
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Maybe returning home from a Hull match and not in the best of moods smile

Funny enough she did have the amber colours on a scarf, I should have run after her and grabbed the scarf and swung her around my head and thrown here on top of a building...yeah that would have taught her...mobility scooter driving maniac!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)