jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If I shared somebody's article, would they know that I shared it if I didn't tel

1. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

If I shared somebody's article, would they know that I shared it if I didn't tell them?

2. BlissfulWriter profile image70
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

No, typically they will not know.   They will not get an email notification from HubPages.  However if they happen to see their Hub as being shared while browsing through the site, then they will know.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

No, they wouldn't, unless someone told them, or if they saw it shared, on a Facebook page, HubPages feed, etc.  If you linked to their hub on one of yours, they may be able to see it on their stats.

4. starstream profile image77
    starstreamposted 5 years ago

No, I do not think they know.  You can use these links to enhance related topics though and it gives the reader a resource to explore more information.

5. Cobrafan profile image78
    Cobrafanposted 5 years ago

They won't know unless they do some digging. They may notice a jump in traffic and could check their indexed backlinks for that hub with an SEO plugin or traffic sources on Hubpages.

6. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

Well I've had my articles shared and haven't received any notification (until someone at college told me they'd shared them). Unless you tell them they won't know.

7. CCahill profile image79
    CCahillposted 5 years ago

Perhaps it'd be a nice new feature if we got notifications if somebody shares our article, like twitter does with retweets

8. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

Thank you so much everyone for your answers!

working