jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

How long do we need to wait after taking a hub off hubpages to republish it on a

1. Mekenzie profile image84
    Mekenzieposted 5 years ago

How long do we need to wait after taking a hub off hubpages to republish it on another site?

I have learned about a writing site for children's stories. I have written 2 story's for children that have not gotten alot of attention.  I am going to unpublish these hubs and use them on the children's site.  HOW LONG do they need to be unpublished before republishing on another site?

2. gabgirl12 profile image79
    gabgirl12posted 5 years ago

I have the same question. I'm guessing until they are de-indexed by search engines. In other words, when you do a search you won't see them pop up. I unpublished one of my hubs, but I think its better off just deleting them from hubpages altogether, then wait a few days and republish on another site.

Today I unpublished my hub with the intention of posting it on another site, but when I did a search through yahoo, it was still there, ughh.

Mekenzieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I see I put unpublished, I really meant to say I am planning to delete it .. That's a great idea to search it on google. Thank YOU!

2. floriferous profile image60
      floriferousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I can't seem to add another comment below. This responds to Mekenzie. I wouldn't worry about dup content. Google cares about the quality of the site, niche, etc. I repeated articles in my blog from Suite101 and they do better on my blog. One example

3. Brett Winn profile image87
    Brett Winnposted 5 years ago

This isn't particularly scientific, but this is what I do: take the first paragraph of your story and copy and paste it into Google. It should show up as your hub. Unpublish the hub, and then periodically try the copy and paste again. When it has cleared Google's cache, (at least that's how I think of it) it will no longer lead to a web page ... then you can republish without worry!

Hopefully you'll get a more knowledgeable answer, but this will work.

Brett, sounds pretty knowledgeable to me.  Makes perfect sense too.  I think google uses our summary of a hub, perhaps I could search it that way too.  I'll give it a try. 
      Thank YOU!

4. floriferous profile image60
    floriferousposted 5 years ago

Brett makes a great suggestion. One thing though, it doesn't leave Google's cache. It's always hidden in some super secret dusty corner of cyberspace. Some writers' platforms use a program to make sure it's not just online now, but has "never" been published online. If the site you're taking them to isn't overly particular, you shouldn't have a problem. It could take a few weeks for the piece to be de-indexed by "all" the search engines, not just Google. I can't find the link right now, but do a Google search for "Advanced Plagiarism Checker." You can post your whole piece there and see if it comes up.

1. gabgirl12 profile image79
      gabgirl12posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes. I found one of my articles after I had un-published it. It's like a snapshot. When you go to the link it obviously says unpublished by author. So Google would still penalize you if they found the cache even if its not published?

2. Mekenzie profile image84

Wow, so if an article is written on a particular website it never goes away, even when you delete it?  I wonder, as gabgirl does, if google will still penalize you even if you have deleted it from the original site you posted it.

3. floriferous profile image60
      floriferousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Gabygirl, here's a link to search for old content that's been removed from website etc. http://archive.org/web/web.php
      It's a fun tool. The result may be a bit clunky and it's kind of hit and miss.

working