jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Combining two hubs, How long should I wait to republish?

1. GoGreenTips profile image60
    GoGreenTipsposted 5 years ago

Combining two hubs, How long should I wait to republish?

I have decided to combine two of my hubs...I unpublished both and rewrote the info on one. How long should I wait to republish the hub? Don;t want to get nailed for duplicate content?

2. Brett.Tesol profile image60
    Brett.Tesolposted 5 years ago

I think that when u search the old titles, or even better URLs and nothing shows in Google, then it should be safe to republish. To speed this up, u could use google webmaster tools to tell Google to fetch your current articles. Otherwise, 4-10 days should be enough to get unindexed.

3. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 5 years ago

I believe you can republish them immediately.  For one, you unpublished the ones they are based on and for two, together they are a separate entity.  I assume you probably made some minor edits when you combined them, which also makes them less of a duplicate of the prior content.  Publish Away!

4. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

It won't be considered as duplicate content as it's on your own subdomain. As long as you're not transferring it from another account to this it would be fine

5. lovebuglena profile image86
    lovebuglenaposted 5 years ago

If you unpublished these hubs and don't have this content published anywhere else then you can re-publish your "new" hub without worries.

working