jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Did my answer to 'When was the last time you cried' deserve to get voted down ?

1. iwriteforyou profile image73
    iwriteforyouposted 5 years ago

Did my answer to 'When was the last time you cried' deserve to get voted down ?

I posted an answer to 'http://ellana317.hubpages.com/question/187448/when-was-the-last-time-you-cried' (When was the last time you cried) which was a little light hearted. I was the second person to respond so it didn't seem so unusual and I hoped it would make someone smile. The response was : "I can't remember the last time I did cry but I can definitely recall that I was on the verge of tears when my girlfriend asked me to take her to the cinema to watch 'Sex and the City' !!." The author found it 'Hilarious but It got voted down twice. Was I wrong to post it ?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Don't get all bent outta shape about it. Some people are simply humor impaired.

3. xanzacow profile image71
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

I second FatFreddysCat! I think answers should only be voted down if they are repulsive. By that I mean rude or in distaste.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I don't care at all if my answers get downvoted. Really, I think people could lighten up around here. I'm sure plenty of people enjoyed your answer.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It is a common problem.  Someone recently asked a question which required an opinion.  I gave my opinion and it was voted down twice - I have no idea why. I think sometimes people just get some kind of kick or it makes them feel powerful to vote an answer down. I don't think it affects our hubscore.