jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

My hubs traffic suddenly drops to a very alarmingly low level.

1. greatstuff profile image95
    greatstuffposted 5 years ago

My hubs traffic suddenly drops to a very alarmingly low level.

Is it because of the Olympics? Has anyone else experience similar problem?

2. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago

Well i went from over 300 a day to zero in the last 24 hours. I initially thought it was the Olympics but a quick search through our friend Mr Google and I see I am not there yet again. This is the second time this has happened. Fingers crossed it won't take too long to re-appear.

3. Bukarella profile image84
    Bukarellaposted 5 years ago

Same here. I have no idea why it happened, or how to get back up.

4. Life and Luxury profile image82
    Life and Luxuryposted 5 years ago

There was a Google Panda update on July 25 which drove a lot of people's traffic down. If this was the reason, your traffic should still slowly creep up again, but I think you will have to give it a bit of time. There also will be a drop in traffic due to the Olympics.

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
      WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou.

2. yougotme profile image90
      yougotmeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So this may also explain why Hubpages is currently experiencing some processing delays. smile

5. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

My traffic has been fairly consistent the last few days, even increasing by 25-50 since two days ago. Losing your traffic sounds like a very unfortunate situation, I know I would be confused! Do you usually get most of your traffic through google/search engines? I hope you find a solution!

6. wandererh profile image76
    wandererhposted 5 years ago

I have experienced a 10% to 20% drop in traffic in the past few days.  It usually comes back up again.  I don't bother too much about it as I think the more important thing is to keep doing things to bring traffic in - like publishing new hubs.  smile

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
      WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are right. It has happened to me twice now. It's not pleasant though but just soldier on.

7. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

I haven't noticed any downturn in my traffic.  In fact, it's been consistently up for the past month.

working