jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Help from your poets out there, in editing my poem

1. djtphn1 profile image79
    djtphn1posted 9 years ago

I just wrote this poem, Unto the Storm, and published it.....when I try to edit to make the little rhymed parts go together, in 4 lines at a time, it won't do it, it just appears as one big text blob....help, some of you poets out there, please.

DJ

2. djtphn1 profile image79

Guess I will just answer my own question and try putting the paragraphs in separate capsules....thanks to myself, I guess. Misha, where are you, you are always the one to help me.

3. djtphn1 profile image79

My 3rd answer to myself, it STILL doesn't work. Can someone plz help meeeeee

4. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Sorry darling, I have no idea how to deal with that - I'm not a poet sad

You might want to look at that thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/2074

I'll let you know if I find something else...

djtphn1posted 9 years ago in reply to this

No need to fret, my darling, I think I have found the solution! You are just too kind to try to help a poor, helpless damsel in distress.

5. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

Irritating, isn't it?

HubPages just ignores blank lines.

What I do is put a full stop at the beginning of a blank line to separate my stanzas. You really don't see the full stops unless you know they are there and look for them.

Jenny

Thx, I think I know what you mean.....yeah, that will work, you are smart!

Nope, tried that and it still does not work....what the heellll

1. Inspirepub profile image81
          Inspirepubposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Is your Hub published?

It worked on mine - have a look at http://hubpages.com/hub/Dont-Ask-Why-Lisa-B and you'll see the dots.

I had already tried the "every staza in its own text capsule" solution, so it's all in separate text capsules, and each capsule ends with a line that just has a . at the beginning.

Jenny

I had to do it in preformat mode and it finally worked, but i don't like that text that way. yes, it is published....read it if you'd like....i quite like it...

working