jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

On my HPs Ad Program account, why is the value of my CPM going down?

1. bankscottage profile image94
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

On my HPs Ad Program account, why is the value of my CPM going down?

I only got approved for Adsense in August so it was only a partial month, but the value of my CPM for August was $7.18.  So far this month, the average is $5.33.  But for the last week it is $4.88 and for 9/12 it was $2.33.  Why is it going down and why does it vary so much?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

CPM is what the advertiser is expected to pay per 1000 views, which changes constantly.  CPM is not what you earn.

1. bankscottage profile image94
      bankscottageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks LindaSmith1.  I understand that the CPM is not what I earn.  I am a long way away from 1000 views per day.  But, the value of CPM does determine what I do earn for the day.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
      LindaSmith1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

The CPM is what the advertiser is paying. For example  if advertiser is paying 10 bucks, you will earn more if they are now only paying 3 bucks.  The cost to advertiser is what they are willling to pay, so it constantly changes.

3. Mandy M S profile image90
    Mandy M Sposted 5 years ago

I don't know.  My CPM has gone down since I started.  The more views I get the lower my CPM so my earnings actually never increase.  In fact, with twice the views I am earning 5 cents less than I did three weeks ago.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image59
      LindaSmith1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

My CPM goes up, views go up, earnings drop. I won't make 1/2 of what I earned last month.  I started with a new site, but it is based on tiers, so I am waiting to see what earnings will be there next month.

working