Which one of your hubs has the most views?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Jesse Mugnier profile image61
    Jesse Mugnierposted 11 years ago

Which one of your hubs has the most views?

Why do you think that is? Is it the same hub that has the most comments?

2. Novel Treasure profile image90
    Novel Treasureposted 11 years ago

My most popular hub is one that I deem as being very silly, it is about a boy band called Mindless Behavior. I did it over a year ago when they were just starting out and they are quite huge now. Little girls and teens love them. I get so many comments on the hub from then talking about how cute they are, blah blah blah.

It's not a piece of literary genius, but sometimes you are the first to write something on someone and it gets ranked #1 and you get tons of hits. So I'll take it. Plus the comments are extremely cute and funny.

Jesse Mugnierposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, I'm not sure I have heard of them but I'll be on the lookout, and I'll read your hub. Being one the first to recognize talent would have great benefits if you hubbed about it. Good to know, thanks for sharing!

3. Georgie Lowery profile image90
    Georgie Loweryposted 11 years ago

The Hub that has the most views is Top Ten Unrequited Love Songs, and it's given me almost 1/4 of my total views. The one with the most comments (which also includes my replies) is I Made a Dollar! Party Time! Excellent! I wrote that the first day that I earned $1 on HP. Most of the Hubs that I write that are related to HP get higher numbers of comments because they're of more value to the people on HubPages. Most folks surfing in from Google don't usually leave comments.

As quarter of your total view is just on one hub? Thats incredible! I understand the comment thing, which sucks, but at least its traffic! Thanks for commenting!

4. Winter Maclen profile image60
    Winter Maclenposted 11 years ago

My most read hub isn't one I would have chosen, rather an intellectual piece I wrote for a master's class. I think it's kinda dry reading.

Someone doesn't know their own genius. smile Thanks for commenting.

5. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

My most viewed hub is about how to make miso soup. It has over 10,000 views but doesn't have the most comments out of all the hubs. I have no idea why it is my most viewed hub. Also don't get why not that many comments on it. Very puzzling for me.

I'm not sure either, but apparently this is common. Miso soup sounds delish! I can understand why so many views

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 11 years ago

One of my least favorites gets the most views. It's called "Imperial Bureaucrats: Origins of Nobility". It accounts for roughly 25% of all of my views. I don't know why people read it. It has very few comments. It covers that sliver of time between when the Roman Imperial military controlled Europe without an emperor and when the German nobles started adopting the Roman military ranks as their permanent hereditary titles. I compare it to modern times and it gets preachy at the end. I don't like it. My most-commented essay is on the origins of how many people came to be American citizens: by right, by immigration, by emancipation, by annexation, or by conquest. I note how they are alike and how they are different. I didn't quite get that one right either.

Those both actually sound interesting! I am goin to read them. Thank you for commenting!

2. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Both of these sound like stuff students would research to write their papers.

7. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

Hello Jesse. I see that as a big question. Let me share. I measure total hubs viewed or Hubpages calls that Ever. That is a hub about a natural garden and healing with only 1122 views since May of 2011. The Highest average by month is a hub on How to easily create an Excel spreadsheet for hubs at 80 views per month. And, the highest Trend Setting Hub I have is about creating a Holiday Christmas Season Hub market plan with a view ratio of 2.7:1 or it is viewed 2.7 time a month more than the average month views. I explain more at my profile. The hub with the most comments = 44 รท 2 = 22 persons commenting is about smiling and health. (remember I commented too, so divide by 2, too, whoo-whoo, I think I can, I think I can - LOL

Have a great day Jesse . . .

Tim

Hi Tim! I was really just looking for the most views ever, but I like how in depth you went with your answer. Kudos and thanks for commenting smile

8. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

It was one of my first hubs. It was about the anniversary of Spam--the stuff you eat, not the junk in your mail box. I think I picked up more followers with that single hub than any other hub, and it is still getting views every week, nearly a year after it was first published. It was a non-serous subject, with a little humor and after being on the Hub for more than a year, I think a good change of pace about politics, religion, elections, etc.

Sometimes it's the off the wall stuff that gets the most attention! Really cool thanks for commenting!

9. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

My hub with the highest number of page views is "What to do when your dog bites someone"; i wrote it quickly when someone called me up and asked me what to do. It is certainly not the hub I spent the most time writing or putting together, and it is not the hub that I would want to represent my site, but I guess a lot of people need that sort of advice. It has had plenty of comments, many of them disagreeing with my advice.

It's interesting that most people say their most popular hubs are not the ones they are most proud of. You did something right! Thanks for answering! smile

2. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jesse. I was actually hoping to see this many views for my hub on composting dog waste, as I feel that is a vital topic and something that will help the environment, but as of yet it is not happening.

3. Jesse Mugnier profile image61

Did you try putting in more tags? I have no idea how to get traffic, but I create one mean list of tags in hopes that it'll help.

4. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I had to go check; it has ten tags but I think maybe it is not searched enough. 0 views today, 2 views this week. All the tags are about dog waste/dog poo/etc, do you think they should be more general, like just about composting?

5. Jesse Mugnier profile image61

I would definately put 'composting' as tag! People who are interested in composting might like to know that. It's worth a shot right? smile

10. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

My hub with the most views is "Atlantis Quest - Uncovering the Secrets that Prove Plato Right."

I think it has to do with the keywords and hot "button" words like "uncovering," "secrets," "prove" and "right." Also, "Atlantis quest" is a fairly warm keyword, because there is a game by that name and it pulls a fair amount of traffic. Plus, I have a friend who has a website by that name: http://www.AtlantisQuest.com.

As for comments, this hub is my #10. I have a number of hubs which are far more controversial on the topics of religion and political conspiracies.

I love history, myths and unraveling mysteries. I can't seem to get "into" commercial topics, so I might not make any money at this.

Hmmm maybe you could give me some advice, do you know a lot about keywords?

11. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

My hub with the most views ever is "What I Think About My Genie Bra and Pajama Jeans | Reviews | Where to Buy Them." I always thought it was odd. It used to get a very steady stream of views, but since the Penguin update it's drastically reduced. It has very few comments.

My hubs with the most comments are my craft hubs. "How to Craft Beautiful Easter Egg Ornaments You Can Keep Forever" and "Warning: Read This Before You Attempt to Build a Gingerbread Village from a Kit"

Ooh those seem like really interesting hubs! What's the penguin update? I just joined 11 days ago... Lol

12. CZCZCZ profile image88
    CZCZCZposted 11 years ago

The hub that has received the most views for me is about stock market games for iphone and ipad and the second most viewed hub for me is about mango float dessert.  Those two hubs account for about 25% of all my views for the life of my account at this point.  Great question.  It has been interesting reading the other responses on this question.

Thank you! The stock market and a dessert recipe... Interesting! Thanks for answering!

13. nanderson500 profile image77
    nanderson500posted 11 years ago

Great question. Mine is "More Creepy Mysteries", the second installment of a trilogy of "creepy mysteries" hubs I wrote. The other two also rank in my top ten, but that one has really struck a chord for some reason.

Well, that's the most interesting answer I've had. If you don't read the first two, how can you follow the third? I find all of this fascinating! Thanks for your answer!

14. isenhower33 profile image65
    isenhower33posted 11 years ago

A lot of my hubs are going pretty good as of right now for only writing for around a month now, my hub You are the key to your own success has my top views but was also my first hub, my new hub i think will pass it in the long run smile But my views are picking up a lot for a newcomer smile

15. rajan jolly profile image93
    rajan jollyposted 11 years ago

My hub that has the most views is Acupressure, the pressure points therapy. In fact, I never expected it to really forge ahead by a big margin and remain so after almost 1 year. I've found that the hubs one most expects to do just ok outperform hubs one thinks would do very well. Another one, on 'Jamun' is doing even better but has lesser views as it is a more recent hub.

16. Annemari profile image61
    Annemariposted 11 years ago

At the beach is one of my hubs that has the most number of views. I ahve no idea why that it is, porbably lots of people love to read it.
    No it is not the same hub that has the most comments.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)