jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

How can I upload videos on HP?

1. unknown spy profile image77
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

How can I upload videos on HP?

I uploaded a video once or twice straight from my drive but now, the video capsule only support links from youtube, etc.?

2. Born2care2001 profile image75
    Born2care2001posted 5 years ago

Hi I Spy!
    Hubpages only supports certain types of videos. You can learn what you need to know in a step by step fashion from the learning center. Once you do it a couple of times you'll be fine...it's just the learning curve that can frustrate you. I know it did me! Good luck and keep writing!

unknown spyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

hi b2c.. yep, i know about it though.. im just curious if really HP did have one before or not because..im pretty sure i have uploaded one smile

JT yes, youtube link is simple though smile

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

If it is a Youtube video it is simple. With the video already chosen, just hit share, embed, then copy the embed code. HP has a capsule for videos, then after you have chosen the capsule, paste it. That's it. Good luck.

4. Vinaya Ghimire profile image89
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 5 years ago

Video capsules are for external videos only. You can directly upload your own videos on HubPages.
    When I want to upload external videos I do by adding link to the video capsule.
    If you want to upload your own videos:
    Click Video tab on the top of your "my account" page
    On the left side you can see Upload option. Click upload, and select the video you want to use on your video hub.
    After your video is uploaded, wait for few seconds for processing.
    Couple of minutes later, you will receive email notification about the video.

Thank you Vinaya!! yes, this is the other way..i already have 1 uploaded video on that tab. but i never used that tab "video' before to upload my own. I used the video capsule before...

5. BlossomSB profile image91
    BlossomSBposted 5 years ago

I had this problem, too, and had given up. Now, having read the other replies, I'll have to try to upload it again. Thank you for asking!

thanks Blossome

6. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

It's strange that you asked this question when you did. For you see, just this morning I had asked one of my HubPages friend the very same question. Here is her reply: "OK...to get a youtube video - to go youtube and find the one you want...
    while it's playing, push the Share button under it and a link will show up in that box..
    right click to highlight and save - then go to HUB..
    choose the 'Video' capsule - EDIT..
    insert link
    SAVE
    done."

I followed the above directions and it worked like a charm.

thanks pagevoice..if its youtube, then its easy.. just dont know why i have uploaded one video before straight..

working