This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Are we allowed to post our hubs to another site?

1. dashingme profile image69
    dashingmeposted 5 years ago

Are we allowed to post our hubs to another site?

2. lovebuglena profile image87
    lovebuglenaposted 5 years ago

No. If you do that your hub will be flagged for duplicate content. The content you publish in your hubs cannot be published elsewhere, especially word for word.

dashingmeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

now i know thank you!

3. VirginiaLynne profile image96
    VirginiaLynneposted 5 years ago

No--HubPages work needs to be original and must not be posted elsewhere.  If you do post your work elsewhere, or if it already exists online (on a blog or other site), you will get a notification and the work will probably be pulled from being published.  I had some trouble with this when I first started off.  I was trying to move some of my work from my blog to HubPages.  I found that even when I had unpublished it from my blog, I needed to wait at least 24 hours or longer before trying to publish on HubPages.

oh i see, i didnt know that good thing i ask..thanks!

4. Becky Katz profile image85
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

You can, but you need to unpublish it here first. Then you need to wait until it is off the search engines before putting it somewhere else. The other sites usually have the same rule. They do not want it in two places.

5. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

You can post links that go back to your hubs; for instance, you can share them on Facebook, put a link in a piece of text on your blog, or put an RSS Feed on your blog. Not really a good idea to post a hub word for word anywhere but hubpages. Google will sometimes penalize duplicate content, and they also will pick the URL that is oldest or that they see fit, to index; so they send searchers to the more legitimate link, in other words: Meaning the other one will go ignored, so a waste. The rule on HP is that you can't publish anything on here that's been published already, if so you'll get a duplicate content warning; of course, there's considerable debate on what that means, I won't get into it though.

thanks, i have done posting on my fb as what you said i think it helps a bit for traffic. I think we have no choice is to stick around on HP to avoid problem.

6. pinto2011 profile image78
    pinto2011posted 5 years ago

You are not allowed to post the same hub to other sites.  If you want to post, then create new article and then post.

7. SidKemp profile image92
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Most of these answers are largely on target. But let's put it all together and be very clear. The content you write is legally yours (you have the copyright, even if you don't formally declare it) and you can publish it where you like. But HubPages has very clear rules against duplicate content, so the hubs you publish on HubPages must not contain passages you publish elsewhere  on the web, or they will be flagged as duplicate content, and a violation of HubPages rules.

There is one big exception to this. If you create a video, then all the content of the video (images, sounds, written or spoken words) can be present both in a hub and also as a video posted elsewhere (such as YouTube or Vimeo). This is true both for a video hub and also for a video capsule inside a hub. (I confirmed this with HubPages staff recently.)

8. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

you could promote, means add your hub link to other sites and add in some summary to attract viewers to read. Stumbleupon, expertscolumn, wikinut are great sites to promote. Don't copy and paste.

links:
    stumbleupon.com
    http://expertscolumn.com/referral/6578bd9c

http://www.wikinut.com/in/qorpmm/

working