jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

AdSense: 1406 page views... 0 clicks! Is it possible?

1. NitroD profile image68
    NitroDposted 4 years ago

AdSense: 1406 page views... 0 clicks! Is it possible?

I joined (around 6 months ago) my pre-existing AdSense account to HubPages and I have checked right now the number of views for this period: 1406... for a total amount of ZERO clicks. Is that possible???? Zero clicks???? Not even one??? Is AdSense totally rubbish or doesn't HubPages work properly with it???

2. xavierdhs07 profile image75
    xavierdhs07posted 4 years ago

Yes of course,it is possible.For that we cannot blame Google Adsense or Hubpages. They work good.I think we have to improve our-self to get more clicks..

NitroDposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply. Improve how?

2. xavierdhs07 profile image75
      xavierdhs07posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Mmm..We should write good content that drives more traffic and share the hub as possible and hence we can get more clicks.Also,Sign in for Hubpages Ad Program

3. Krysanthe profile image95
    Krysantheposted 4 years ago

It's absolutely possible.  Think about it, how many times do you click on a site to read an article and NOT click on the accompanying ads?  For myself, I rarely click on ads.  The ad would have to be for something that I really was looking to purchase.  I'd have to say that most people are the same.   That's why the Hubpages earnings program is great, you get paid per view, not per click.

Yes I am agree with you. If you add different adblock plugins to the browsers the situation is even worse. So I am just wondering if having an adsense account has any sense.

4. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 4 years ago

If you've got HP ads enabled then you'll get hardly any direct adsense clicks. That's because the majority of adsense ads you see on your hubs are integrated into the HP program and therefore are paid through the Ad program not adsense. The only truly adsense ad you have is the one at the very end of the hub. http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-appearance

If you *haven't* got HP ads enabled and you're just using adsense then that would be unusual but not unheard of. A normal click through rate (CTR) is around 2% so you would expect at least 20 clicks for that amount of traffic but it does depend a lot on your topics.

Edit: P.S. you must have an adsense account to use the HP Ad program.

Thank you. Very clear answer.

2. Susana S profile image98
      Susana Sposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. Just to let you know that most people do much better with HP's program than adsense alone, but you'll have to compare for yourself . As you can see on the link, you get more ads with HP.

5. profile image55
    jsbst18posted 4 years ago

Sure it is possible.

I hate to click on ads. If I see an ad I want to check out, I usually just search for the product in a search engine. I don't trust ads.

That being said, I have 9984 page views and 174 clicks for Google. I don't know if that is good, or bad, but it is what I have.  Most of my clicks are on pages with tech products or educational courses -- if that helps you.

Are you signed with the Ad Hubpages Program?

2. profile image55
      jsbst18posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I am.

3. profile image55
      jsbst18posted 4 years agoin reply to this

But, only for the past month... after reviewing the link above I will end the ad program

6. profile image0
    paxwillposted 4 years ago

Yes, on HP the Adsense ads that bear your code are at the bottom of the page where nobody ever clicks.  The dead zone.  The adsense ads at the top of the page bear HP's code.  If you are signed up for the HP Ad Program, you get 60% of those earnings.

Yes. The dead zone is quite useless for me sad I am just wondering if it is possible to switch back to Google Adsense. Thanks for the reply.

working