jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Emails from Fans

1. Sue Bailey profile image80
    Sue Baileyposted 4 years ago

Emails from Fans

From time to time I receive an email from a HubPages fan.  How do they send these to me and how do I reply to them? I can't find anywhere on a hubbers page to do this.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Hi Sue, you have to go to their profile page and you click on Fan mail.... well at least that's how I've been doing it.

3. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

The email link is found on the Fan Mail section of our profile.  You can respond to them via that link if you don't want to respond with your personal email.  If you respond to their email directly, your personal email address will be shown.  Unless you are somewhat familiar with the hubber, I suggest using the email feature on their profile page.

Sue Baileyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I have never found the email link but I will look again and hopefully be able to reply to the message I got. Amazing how you learn  something new even after 5 years!

4. wqaindia profile image81
    wqaindiaposted 4 years ago

Whenever I receive a fan mail, I just check the fan mail and sign in to HP where I find the list of all my fans. The fan mails can be denied or approved but I have never denied any fan mail and comment as fellow hubbers are very nice. However if I am to follow  hubbers then HP prompts me to send suitable fan mail also. If I do not send the fan mail then mail has to be sent separately through fan mail on member's profiel.

5. profile image0
    chrisinhawaiiposted 4 years ago

Hi Sue,

It looks like we're discussing two types of mail here: Fan Mail and Email.

Fan Mail is a "HubPages thing."  When you follow a hubber, there's a window that pops up allowing you to send that hubber one piece of fan mail, which is visible for all of Hubland to see.  We can only send one fan mail to each hubber.  Just one ever.

If you didn't write a fan mail when you first followed someone, you can still go back and do it from their profile, like Alphadogg was saying.  There's "Activity...Content...Followers...Following...FAN MAIL"  Click it and you can send them a fan mail.

The thing is, when you send somebody a fan mail, they can't respond.  So when someone sends you a fan mail, you can't just hit, "Reply" like with a regular email.

Buuuut...you can just send them a regular email, like rebekaELLE explained.  This is also accessed from the PROFILE page -> FAN MAIL page -> "send [hubber's name] an email"

Sue Baileyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Chris  I can't believe I've missed the email link for all these years. Great answer BTW

6. joanveronica profile image86
    joanveronicaposted 4 years ago

I would definitely stick with the answer by chrisinhawaii, I've done all that and it works well. Good luck!

Closed to reply