jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you alter your Spotlight Hubs often?

1. ThompsonPen profile image80
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

Do you alter your Spotlight Hubs often?

I usually just put my favorite hubs as my Spotlight Hubs, but should I alter them? Does it increase views?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I showcase my five most recent Hubs in the Spotlight. When I publish a new one, it goes to the top of the list and the oldest one gets rotated out.
    To be honest, I've never noticed if it has any affect on their traffic... I just like to keep it fresh.

3. KDeus profile image96
    KDeusposted 4 years ago

I generally try to remember to put my newest one to the front of the rotation and then bump them off as new ones are added. I honestly couldn't tell if having them in the spotlight increases the click-throughs or not. I'd like to think it does, but I don't think that there's any way to tell.

4. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

Very few readers ever visit your profile, or even notice who wrote a Hub.  The only people who visit your profile are other Hubbers.  So playing around with your spotlight Hubs isn't worth it, because your readers don't see them anyway.

I choose my Spotlight Hubs based on which Hubs I think are of most interest to fellow Hubbers.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

no, i don't alter them often. Unless those unfeatured hubs have low traffic, i would put them into spotlight

6. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

I rotate mine periodically as I use my profile as a way to draw new clients.  Sometimes I'll change the highlighted ones right before applying to a specific writing job to highlight things that coincide with what I am applying for things of that nature.

7. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 4 years ago

Every now and then I look through my own and either a) update/amend them to add new information or change information already published; b) 'buff up' the title; or c) work on the synopses where they over-run the word limit (when I started there was no word limit).
    There's alway something to work on.

working