jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What is the meaning of backlink and is it helpful to bring the traffic to hub?

1. mayank147 profile image79
    mayank147posted 4 years ago

What is the meaning of backlink and is it helpful to bring the traffic to hub?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Yes and no. A backlink is great if it's from a reputable location, but "spammy" backlinks will backfire and get you lower rankings.  I place links to relevant sites on my hubs, blogs, websites and I try to get backlinks for my writing in quality locations. 

Social media is also a great way to boost credibility to your writing.  I have several hubs that get tons of Pinterest traffic for example.

mayank147posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks but what is the exact meaning of backlink and backfire..

2. M. T. Dremer profile image96
      M. T. Dremerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Think of 'backlink' as 'linking back to your hub from somewhere else' like posting a link to it on facebook. And think of 'backfire' as good intentions gone wrong, like if posting that link on facebook got you a bunch of bad reviews.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

A backlink is when someone places a link to one of your pages at their website. If I added a link to one of your hubs on my Facebook page, that's a backlink. It will give you a lot of traffic if it's posted somewhere people are going to see it. If I posted it at my blog which gets very little traffic, it won't help you much. Now if you wrote a hub about, hypothetically, the great advantages of adopting a dog from a shelter and the Humane Society posted a link to the hub at their main website, you would probably get tons of traffic. Hope this helped.

mayank147posted 4 years agoin reply to this

So it means if some one else posted link of one of my hub to their page or website then it is called backlink.

working