jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Any advise for a new hubber?

1. Down South Mama profile image84
    Down South Mamaposted 4 years ago

Any advise for a new hubber?

Any tips, or trick you want to share, to help me get off to a good start?

2. Wakerra profile image78
    Wakerraposted 4 years ago

When writing a new hub and it asks you the format you want to use, choose "Template".  This'll help give you pointers when setting up a hub and introduce you to the various formats and add-ins that a hub can be created with.  There is also a little status box in the top right of the screen when editing/creating a hub with a sort of "checklist".  the more you check off that list, the more advertised and noticeable your hub will be on search engines

Down South Mamaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wakerra  I'll make sure I keep that check list n mind. Thanks for the tip

3. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

This is a great writing community.  You will meet many hub members willing to inspire your hub writing as well as want you to read and comment on their hubs. The majority of people here are very friendly.  Have fun and don't be afraid to post something. Begin by taking a stroll through the many entertaining pages here. You will soon know what kind of hubs are popular and those that aren't. Don't expect to get rich here.  It is not easy unless you have plenty of time to devote to high quality articles. This is the perfect platform for exposure.  The more exposure you get the more feedback you will receive to keep you writing. Welcome to HubPages!

I just read few hubs for new hubbers, and they seem to be really good. The community here also seems to be really motivating, and full of people I'm really getting excited about writing here..

2. cianeko profile image87
      cianekoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with this. I consider hubpages a home where you are not cursed or degraded for writing what you have in mind. Hubpages is a hype place to be professional and friendly. Most people here "write to express, not to impress."

4. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 4 years ago

Write, write, write.  When you're done writing, write some more.  Then edit, edit, edit.  Did I mention write?  Yes, do that.  Write.

The more you write, the better you become, the easier it will flow and always, always write about what you know, what you are truly passionate about and what you can bring to it.  When you read a piece that has passion, it will jump off the page and smack you.  Oh and if you follow me, that would probably help a lot.  Okay, I'm kidding. 

In the immortal words of Donald Trump;  There is no such thing as too much advertising.  smile

Good luck!

5. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

I'll give you my reality answer. Mostly the don'ts of HP. Don't worry about that silly score in your profile pic. As much as people say it all has to do with activity, it doesn't, and most google users (your traffic aim) have no idea what it is. Don't follow everyone who follows you. Following implies you will read their work. So only follow those you really enjoy. Don't get your hopes up for quitting your day job as HP changes too often and too much to make enough to pay the bills for most people. The huge success stories of HP's past have dwindled in numbers substantially. Don't write about random things you know nothing about unless you are willing to commit hours to research. Your lack of knowledge will show in your work. Finally don't get overwhelmed! There is a lot of great info here but for some newbies it can be a bit much. When in doubt ask.
    I'm not intending to be a party pooper here. This is a wonderful community with a lot of wonderful and talented writers. Read, enjoy, and write! Welcome to HP!

I do not think you where are party pooper at all. I find your tips really useful, and thanks for being honest.

6. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image31
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

I have done a couple of hubs on the topics you requested for. Please see and read. There are about six hubs on the very subject. Hope you will find it.

I took a look at a few of your hubs, and leaned a few food tips. Thanks

working