jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Has Quality Changed?

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Has Quality Changed?

So many hubbers get hub deindexed, not published due to poor content. How does a hub with nothing but photo images get published to begin with?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 4 years ago

The QAP takes a while. I published a Hub around 8AM EST today and it's still in limbo. Sometimes it only takes an hour or so. It might speed the process up if you click to report the photo Hub.

3. Johnrr631992 profile image89
    Johnrr631992posted 4 years ago

I already sent a message to HubPages.. I have been writing here for close to 3 years... This is my busy time of the year, and I write hubs that I know generate 500+ views a day for the games I write for.. My hubs haven't been getting published, and they are the same quality of hubs that I publish all the time, so I do not understand what is going on.. I understand HubPages wants great quality on the site, and that new hubbers have to go through all the loops, but you would think that for hubbers who have been here, published over 100 hubs, have over 1 million views, I wouldn't still have to go through this whole contact HubPages stuff.. Either way I wish they just kept the site the way it was..

4. billericky profile image62
    billerickyposted 4 years ago

I have no idea how a 'photograph only' hub gets published.

I have deleted over 60 of my own initial hubs as hubpages deemed them to have poor content.

Of course, half of them were totally rubbish and needed to be deleted as they were embarrassing, but at least they had over 700 words on each one.

5. d.william profile image62
    d.williamposted 4 years ago

Quality itself has not changed.  What has changed is the definition of quality by the standards of hub pages and Google.   
    A quality hub by hub pages standards has relevance, good grammar, a subject that is timeless, pertinent to today's standards, well laid out, good form, and more.
    The "quality" standards set down by Google has only one purpose - to make money for them.
    A hub that meets all the standards of hub pages will make no difference to Google who apparently controls hub pages. 
    Unless you agree to Google blackmail to allow them total access to your computer, so they can record, assess, and judge every thing you watch, or do on the internet, they will not give your articles any attention at all without that blackmail agreement. 
    I have refused Google access to my PC with the exception of allowing them access only while i use youtube or hubpages.  As a result, they have black balled my hubs from getting any attention via google search engine.
    Although there is some attention allowed by yahoo, bing, and other search engines, this limitation by Google, who seems to totally dominate the internet these days, has the greatest negative impact on how many views anyone gets that they cannot control. 
    I used to get more than 100 views per day, but now i get under 50 because i have refused to sign the agreement set out by Google.  So the only income i now get here is from hub pages itself.

1. AlexK2009 profile image93
      AlexK2009posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree with most of this d.William. HP are however getting too fussy for their own good. I don't know what agreement you are talking about. I do get some money on HP from adsense but nobody clicks, so my adsense revenue here is all from impressions

2. d.william profile image62
      d.williamposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Google just emailed their new agreement 4 us 2 sign. Their comment 2 me was, if U don't agree, U will Be dropped google ad sense. I did not sign, so I am dropped. Most people just sign without reading & i won't let them control my PC or blackmail

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I checked my email. Nothing there.

4. d.william profile image62
      d.williamposted 4 years agoin reply to this

the original request 2 accept the new terms by Google was in July.  Since i didn't choose 2 sign it they haven't been showing my hubs on their search engine.  That last threat came 2 days ago.  I still haven't signed it, so i'll B forced out of HP

working