Hub Stats

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Hmrjmr1 profile image68
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

Looks like the stats page is locked up again, or am I the only one with this problem??

2. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Mine are also locked up. Have been for half a day now.

3. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Something is up.  Google is reporting almost NO page impressions for me....but I show individual hubs with many, many impressions and double red arrows.

I can hardly believe Google is right--as my views have never been that low since I started.

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  My Google Analytics is way down, but HubPages is showing me 12 hubs with double red arrows.  When you go look at the source they show Google searches.  They definately don't match up, and in fact seem almost extreme opposites.  It's almost like they're both incorrect and the true number is somewhere in the middle.

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and Google reported a large (ha, for what I make here) bunch of money just on one day for my account, and then only 'estimates'--which are really, really low, for other days. 

?

It just seems like there is a big tick in the system.

2. cheaptrick profile image73
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have funny hair.

4. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

it would be so nice to see a sticky note when this happens...
    it started yesterday being strange.

5. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I wish I had seen the "big" money part.  My Adsense has been low every day for December.  I've done better in 10 days with Amazon than I have in any prior month on Amazon.  Nothing huge, but huge for me. 

I agree, that we ought to be hearing something "official" on this.

1. Hmrjmr1 profile image68
      Hmrjmr1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep my adsense and hub stats are out of whack as well..

2. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

December has been terrible for me, as well - for adsense. I made above payout for Oct. and Nov.  Doesn't look like I will this month. Wonder why?

6. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

7. fishtiger58 profile image67
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Been locked up all day far as I can tell.

8. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

there is problem with stas

9. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

My stats overall have shown as up, actually about doubled for the last couple days, but frozen this evening.

10. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

I've been wondering about my numbers too. They did not change all afternoon.

11. profile image0
    baconmidgetposted 14 years ago

same here

12. Jen's Solitude profile image84
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

I have been waiting since yesterday to see my stats total change.

13. blue dog profile image61
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

ditto.

no change for over 24 hours.

no "official" word yet, or did i miss it???????????

14. Essy84 profile image65
    Essy84posted 14 years ago

Oh shit.. Just posted new topic on this, should have looked at the previous ones a bit better... :@

15. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Mine have gone right down in the last few days as well. Thought it might have been because it was the weekend and traffic is low. Last weekend after working on my backlinks I got my traffic doubled, and now it's showing that its almost back down to what it was. I hope it's just an error. Still earning, which is the main thing.

16. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 14 years ago

Thanks for posting about this I just took a look at my graph and other statistics and could not make sense of it. This information helps.
    Guess that means now I won't earn my 1p for the day oh, dear.

The statistics are very 'quirky' there is a comment and no visits to a new hub posted.

17. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Whew! It's not just me....

18. Rose West profile image78
    Rose Westposted 14 years ago

I'm glad to know I'm not only one with frozen statistics. Frustrating... How do we fix it?

1. dingdong profile image56
      dingdongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We can't fix it, we only need to wait to know what HP admin has to say. And, this is weekend smile

1. Dao Hoa profile image60
        Dao Hoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, we have to wait for 2 days.

1. blue dog profile image61
          blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, but it started as early as friday morning, if not sooner.

2. Rose West profile image78
        Rose Westposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh sad bummers

19. fastfreta profile image74
    fastfretaposted 14 years ago

My stats are frozen, but my individual hubs shows huge increased activity.  I'm sure that's not right, because the hubs that show huge increases are the ones that hardly ever get traffic.

20. G Miah profile image79
    G Miahposted 14 years ago

Sxxt! I thought i was getting investigated by Hubpages, but now i can sleep peacefully!

21. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I emailed HP staff Friday night asking them to please post a sticky note in the forums so that everyone could quit speculating what happened.  I can only assume no one has read it yet. Even though it's the weekend they are very good at checking in on things.  I'm sure we'll hear something from them soon.

22. Hmrjmr1 profile image68
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

AS of 2100 hrs (9:00PM) EST 12 Dec 2009 - It looks like the problem is fixed. Thanks HP for doing the weekend thing smile

23. Nick B profile image77
    Nick Bposted 14 years ago

I don't think so.

Even though my hubs are usually only visited in single figures, I KNOW something's up.

Whatever they have said, it certainly isn't fixed or it's gone down again or something.

Oh well, at least I'm not one of those who are relying on their hits for income.

24. profile image0
    BookFlameposted 14 years ago

I am rapidly losing enthusiasm for further investment of time and energy in HubPages.  Their algorhithms for rating hubs don't make sense and their stats are unreliable.  I'm sad about this.  It was a great idea and the community is great, but c'mon!  They insist on their stats when it's to their advantage but hubbers in return get mostly garbage, which is subject to unpredictable "corrections" (which is never explained, let alone justified). Has anyone noticed that the stats are always altered downward and hardly ever correspond to or jive with Google's?

This is like a bad graphic novel.  This rat is thinking (?!) about leaving the maze. All those cute admin faces that pop out now and then with "explanations" when things get too hot...are just that cute faces.

25. profile image0

My suspicion is they are having cash flow and capitalization problems. Or worse.

26. profile image0

Or another possibility (I've seen this behavior before whe I was corporate) is they are in "talks" about being "acquired," and are laothe to put another penny in the project.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is not true they have been updating and working on the system. HP is growing so they have to constantly make changes. smile

27. profile image0

"loathe" is what I meant (oh well)

28. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Well, jumping to theories or assumptions without the facts, is not going to help the situation and only likely to cause yourself grief. I'm sure HubPages staff is working diligently to solve the problems.

There new features involved and there could be additional problems related to those, who knows? But, until all the facts are laid out, please don't start claiming you know what's going on, because you can't make sense out of any of it.

Let's allow cooler heads to prevail. big_smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

29. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

There is a thread that Paul Deeds started "Stats Disabled" check it out, there have not been any updates yet. smile

30. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

bookflame, not sure why you're unhappy about stats, they're just stats.  you've only been here two months and that really isn't a very fair time period to determine how well you can do here.  many experienced hubbers say it can take up to a year to really see progress.  your hubber score is 90, that's very good for two months, if you're looking at scores.  give it some time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)