jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why do CPM rates vary so much from day to day?

1. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 4 years ago

Why do CPM rates vary so much from day to day?

Does anyone else see substantial variances in their CPM on different days?  I have had days where my CPM is over $15 (these were days with very low numbers of views) and days where the CPM is barely over $3.  Anyone know why these vary so much day to day?

2. jellygator profile image92
    jellygatorposted 4 years ago

I think a lot of it has to do with which of our hubs are being seen most. If it's one where major keywords result in ad placements where vendors are only paying $0.10 it'll be a lot different than if we have tons of views for a hub where our average keyword is worth $15.

Google's cycles/updates, as well as who is advertising with them, probably also affects what ads are getting placed.

1. profile image72
      ElleBeeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

okay that makes a lot of sense. thanks.

3. Johnrr631992 profile image88
    Johnrr631992posted 4 years ago

From what I have seen.. That my CPM fluctuates a lot depending on where my views are at.. Right now at 2,500 views a day average over the last month my CPM has been anywhere from $3-5 dollars.. When my views jump a day to 6-10K my CPM does drop but I have also noticed that on days like that I receive a lot of views from other sites other than Google like Bing, and Yahoo, and from forums, Youtube, and from spread of the word. Therefore these other platforms from my experience tend to lower my CPM than if I received them all from Google.

Either way your CPM will continue to fluctuate daily and this also depends on the ads that are placed on your hubs, and where the traffic comes from.