Sold my first big-ticket item!

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (36 posts)
  1. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I've been doing really well with Amazon this holiday season, but have been mainly selling lots of little, inexpensive things. Well, today finally one of my hubs on more expensive items took off and I sold something! I'm especially pleased because it's an item that's important to me so I was very passionate in my product review. I like to think that it was my copy that sealed the deal.

I know a lot of people are getting frustrated because things are slowing down right now (they are for me, as well), but keep in mind that even if you don't have a good $$ day every day, that the big days will add up.

I apologize if this seems like I'm bragging, but I don't know who else to share my excitement with, who will understand! When I tell my non-HP friends these things, they get confused about what the heck I have to do with Amazon, LOL.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Well done you smile
      Impressive considering the holiday season and the dropping stats most everyone seems to be having big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good job! Congratulations! smile

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i don't see these types of posts as bragging. i find them encouraging. i like to see what people are earning and stuff.

congratulations!

4. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't apologise!

Was it a flute that you sold?

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or in my case... a fluke.. hehehe

5. june of ages profile image59
      june of agesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's great news.  It is important not to give up.  With enough work, everyone will have a few big days.
      Congrats again.

2. Bail Up ! profile image60
    Bail Up !posted 14 years ago

Yeah, what do you have to do with Amazon? J/K
    Congratulations on your sale , hopefully this will be the beginning of a new trend.

3. salt profile image59
    saltposted 14 years ago

congratulations and merry merry xmas!!!!

4. NaomiR profile image76

Thanks! Happy holidays!

5. TnFlash profile image60
    TnFlashposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! This is a milestone you should be proud of achieving. Happy Holidays!

6. fishtiger58 profile image69
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Congrats, it is a great feeling. Merry Christmas

7. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 14 years ago

That's great. smile

8. NaomiR profile image76

Thanks!

9. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Congrats!  And spill it girl, what is this product you're so passionate about?!

1. Dao Hoa profile image60
      Dao Hoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you want to get one too? smile smile smile

10. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Congrats NaomiR. I hope you will get more of the big sells!

11. NaomiR profile image76

I wrote a hub about flutes. I play professionally so it was important to me to write about my instrument.

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent. I'm definitely a supporter of the Arts.

12. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!

13. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

congrats!

14. pddm67 profile image60
    pddm67posted 14 years ago

That's awesome! Congratulations smile

15. Money Glitch profile image63
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

Congrats, NaomiR! Thanks for sharing the good news. I for one like to hear about the success of others.  It gives me hope and ideas for new opportunities.  Have a wonderful holiday!

16. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

your hard work paid off, congrats NaomiR

17. Wrestling Freak profile image59
    Wrestling Freakposted 14 years ago

Congratulations.  I have just joined today so i know it will be quite a while before I see any earnings but one day I do hope to be able to start a post similiar to this one.

Congrats

18. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Thats great Naomi, keep up the hard work it really does pay off.

19. xriotdotbiz profile image58
    xriotdotbizposted 14 years ago

Thanks for posting because it gives us all hope.  Plus it was informative with you being passionate about the product and it coming through in the copy.

20. OregonWino profile image60
    OregonWinoposted 14 years ago

That is awesome!!  Keep up the good work!!

21. Karina S. profile image60
    Karina S.posted 14 years ago

Good for you!
    Conratulations!

22. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Good for you and happy to see you brag, it gives us more the reason to stick around. Everytime I decide giving up on Amazon I hear this stories which help us be motivated. Happy Holidays Naomi.

23. NaomiR profile image76

Yes, I sold a beginner flute. I only hope that the person uses it well and really learns how to play the instrument ... and then comes back and buys a professional level flute from me, LOL.

Happy holidays, everyone.

24. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!

It is really nice that you posted about it here. Worked as an inspiration in these low traffic days.

25. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

We totally understand your excitement, brag on!  Congrats! Most of us appreciate what that means when it happens.  I'm super proud for you.  May you sell many many many more!

Merry Christmas!

26. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!  It's fun and good to celebrate all milestones (even those we impose on ourselves)!  Appreciate you sharing with us!

27. NaomiR profile image76

Thanks! Happy holidays, guys!

28. Casper021 profile image61
    Casper021posted 14 years ago

good on you Congrats

Merry Christmas

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)